For Sale Near Me: Rover 620si

cpjitservices

Guest Lord Sward

Thats a Unipart replacement belt the more I think about it. You'll need 2 and a rocker cover gasket to do the job properly.  And as mentioned the water pump too.  

Thats a Unipart replacement belt the more I think about it. You'll need 2 and a rocker cover gasket to do the job properly.  And as mentioned the water pump too.  

Yep I have a gasket, and yep will need 1 belt for Cam belt and 1 belt for balance shaft. Have found the same belt (part number) on ebay for £15, balance belt is £19 Tensioners are 11 quid. Water Pump is £20 also. 

is the balance shaft belt the same size etc as the cam belt ?

Nice one on buying it!

British Aerospace had a deal going with Rover where you could pay monthly for a new one and get a bit of a discount, iirc.

Yes, as BAE owned Rover, their employees, and their families, got a hefty leasing discount. My brother worked there and had a succession of MG Maestros, Montegos, 200s, 400s etc, each replaced after six months. BAE had/have two big facilities at Warton and Samlesbury so the area around Preston was flooded with Rovers! SGL Leyland was probably the biggest dealer in the area so everything went through them (its now an Arnold Clark 'Superstore')

Missed this thread earlier but, as a late comment, your 600 looks wonderful.  

Yes, as BAE owned Rover, their employees, and their families, got a hefty leasing discount. My brother worked there and had a succession of MG Maestros, Montegos, 200s, 400s etc, each replaced after six months. BAE had/have two big facilities at Warton and Samlesbury so the area around Preston was flooded with Rovers! SGL Leyland was probably the biggest dealer in the area so everything went through them (its now an Arnold Clark 'Superstore')

Missed this thread earlier but, as a late comment, your 600 looks wonderful.  

Thanks - MOT booked for the 4th, I'm hoping it doesn't need much if anything at all. Though she has been sat for 2 weeks now and hasn't moved in fear of a snapping cambelt.

Will be getting two new tyres fitted next week, ready for MOT. That should be it hopefully.

Clutch on Rover still very low, minute play between pedal and bite point. With foot on the floor the slightest moving upwards and you get the bite.

Have replaced Slave Cylinder as this was leaking, have also bled the Clutch system and renewed fluid.

Is this a failing clutch or is it how they are ?

Looking at ordering this today, hopefully this is the correct kit (it says it is). is the cambelt and balance shaft belt the same size ? Looks smaller in the photo ?

• 1 month later...

http://autoshite.com/topic/29106-volvo-340-dl-14-variomatic-f-reg-%C2%A3750-must-go/

Also have you mentioned where you are and how much you are after for the Rover?

Ahhhh that one, no good - Wife wont entertain a 3 door.

Nice though.

I am in Hull, Problem is if I sell the Rover, Im stuck for work... could do with a straight swap ideally.