For Sale Near Me: Rover 620si

cpjitservices

Wow, sounds a bit drastic having a slave to fit parts for you ;):lol:

Ha lol.

New slave fitted, no change in bite point its still almost on the floor but it seems smoother if you know what I mean when changing gear, gears are a lot easier to engage. I did try to bleed the clutch but don't think i've done it entirely correct, going to get a mate to help me tomorrow.

Yeah man, and proper OEM mats too! Set of 4?

Some black shoe polish would shine them up real nice.

Yep all 4 mats present, the drivers one has been 'patched' up as it is holy. Still in god nic and as you suggest Lord Sterling, Shoe polish will do the job nicely of shining them up. 

It is a lovely motor and drives really nice, very smooth. I just wish the clutch wasnt so low. Will pop it into my mates garage tomorrow to have it bled since Ive changed the Slave Cylinder. Hopefully that will sort the bite out, or he will tell me the clutch is knackered lol. 

Hope thats not the case though - she really is lovely!

OK Putting together a timeline on when I'm going to replace - things - On the Rover

Heres the cambelt - which I think is original.... Though im not too sure if its a replacement.

What do you all think ?

Cam cover will be replaced what a swione it was to even get it to that stage of being able to see the belt!

post-20838-0-01188000-1500128113_thumb.jpg

post-20838-0-16801300-1500128125_thumb.jpeg

Rover 820 slave cylinders can be the very devil to bleed. I have had 3 slaves in 15 years and for what they are. they are expensive. The best method of bleeding them is to use a vacuum pump. I have seen someone use a socket and G clamp to hold the cylinder in place while pumping the pedal. Another method is to have it connected but off the car and instead of pumping the pedal, pump the slave to get the air out. Good luck with whatever method you try. Great looking car, by the way..

Rover 820 slave cylinders can be the very devil to bleed. I have had 3 slaves in 15 years and for what they are. they are expensive. The best method of bleeding them is to use a vacuum pump. I have seen someone use a socket and G clamp to hold the cylinder in place while pumping the pedal. Another method is to have it connected but off the car and instead of pumping the pedal, pump the slave to get the air out. Good luck with whatever method you try. Great looking car, by the way..

Thanks, managed to reverse bleed it last night and it is much much better, just looking at cam belt etc now.

Apparently this engine has X2 belts.

I'm thinking thats a replacement timing belt.

My thoughts too, most of the text on the belt has faded at the other end of the belt - usual sign it needs doing, however, cant see any cracking.

Priced up both Cam and Shaft Belts and it'll be 60 quid all in, might as well do it for the total price of nothing for fitting.

Will do water pump whilst im in there, think that was £20.