Rover the moon! Now with added for-sale-ness £250 - Essex

pandamonium

I tell every new R8 owner I meet this, but this is a good club: http://www.rover200.org.uk

They can help with stock or modified, upgrades and reversions.  They can also help advise on what things *not* to do so you get the benefit of their experience.  Had mine just over 2 years now and even with the usual K series problem it's been a fantastic old thing to tool around in.

I think the lowering and wheels are a nice combo, nice to see you kept things in the family with a rim that I wouldn't have expected to work on the R8.  As you'll know, they've got a lot less ground clearance than you expect looking at them, the design of the sill makes it look like the sill is a good inch or two higher than it really is.

Treat it well and it should return the favour.

It is, yep. I've found out my ex is moving and taking my son miles away, so need a cheaper car to run, insure etc. Also the roads to where she is moving to are terrible so no good for a lowered car. I'm sure that was deliberate. Anyway, I didn't offer it on here as I know there isn't a lot of love for 'slammed' cars. And it will definitely need putting back to standard by the next owner.

In reality, I'm never going to get this sorted, so I'm offering it to the Autoshite fold.

Mot December.

CV joint clicking. Replacement supplied.

Cut springs. Yes, it wasn't the brightest thing to do, and circumstances now dictate a non-lowered car. Silly me.

Here are the price options.

Car as it is.... £300

Supplied with a set of springs (-35mm) - £400

Supplied with a brand new set of tyres in the boot. - £400

Supplied with both the tyres and springs. - £500

Car is located in Leigh-on-Sea, Essex

Cheers Vulg. I'm glad I had the Golf and who knows, maybe another one will turn up one day. I do like them. Having the Golf was no real hardship.

The Rover is a lovely car. Just a couple of bits of bodywork to attend to and the CV joint. I have already joined the 200/400 forum :)

She will be taxed as of tomorrow and I shall enjoy driving her. Shame we have quite a few speed bumps round this neck of the woods.

Think the clock needs a new bulb though,it's quite dull compared to the 214 I had. The sunroof is non-functional. I may look into that further at some point. Not just yet though.

Don't bother with the clock Ken, it probably won't work. They aren't held together by all that much so the panels separate over time and poor contact means the elements fail, and there's not a lot you can do to them aside find a working replacement unit. The bulb itself is an easy job though, you just have to take the hockey stick off the dash and the clock is attached. They're easy to take apart and put together, but there's no guarantee doing that will make it work - mine didn't go back together that well, and the lens was all wobbly afterwards.

Also, the bubble dash has the same clock but the front moulding is different (slightly rounder) and doesn't fit, so careful not to replace it with one of those.

Where mine was fine.  Seems to be a bit pot luck as to whether or not replacing the bulb will solve the issue.   Disappointed to read Panda had chopped the springs, I'd recommend not driving it on them for very far, it won't be fun.  Replacements are easy enough to get hold of usually in stock or shortened variety and in a range of prices to suit most budgets.  Check the One and a Half Rovers thread in the spares section of the R8 forum to see the full list of bits we salvaged at Krujoe's recently, there might be something you're after in that lot and I'm happy to post whatever you need if there's anything in there.

Do shout if you have questions too.  Lots of folks have owned these on here so you shouldn't be short on an answer if you need it.  I love my 400, you can probably tell, and I'm always happy to assist if I can.

I'll at least try a new bulb, it is displaying but it's a bit dull. Worth the effort with a bulb before getting another clock. Thanks for the heads up re:bubble car one.

I have a set of new springs, just can't recall if Panda said they were stock or slightly lowered. Annoyingly we have a fair amount of speed bumps round these parts. 

The car looks bloody good lowered, almost reminds me of a second generation Prelude from a certain angle.

Thanks re: bits and bobs, I shall have a peek later today :)