SOLD BY GUMTREE FOR MORE THAN THE ASKING PRICE!!! And most likely am xbox M12

vaughant

***** NOW SOLD TO THE FIRST PERSON TO VIEW FOR A HUNNERT POUNDS MORE THAN THE ASKING PRICE****. A rare sight I know but good to know there's are some ok gumtree folk out there.

Not mine but a colleague from works auntie but it is about to hit the dreaded gumtree.

Not for me but sounds a total bargain with the miles.

1.6 pez and Manuel gearbox.

She's just downsized to a fiat 500 which was a snip apparently.

Renner have looked after it from new, anything it's wanted had been done apparently but the deal was really good on the 500 so they offered pennies, salesman suggested a private sale due to condition/ miles etc so know they just send them off to auction otherwise.

I'll get more details if anyone fancies it as there seems to be a decent renner following on here.

Pretty sure there's some room in the price for a hassle free autoshite deal.

It's in Swindon sorry twas/tis a very brief advert off a well off nights.

The guy in work who's auntie is selling has had one before and knows the pitfalls of them (which actually seem few and far between).

I'll try and get some pics up ASAP or even a link to the advert (which hasn't been done yet) for forum perusal.

Got to be 50k in it before anything remotely pricey is required?

No genuine 26k one lady owner.

Details will most likely be Monday but I'll text Chris and ask him if he can send me anything. Or even a number so you can do it old school style and actually go and view a car/meet a human!!!!

Like the old free ads days!!!

It does sound a genuine bargain guys I must say, certainly no faults etc been mentioned, she's not old either so most likely no major gifferish repairs.

To be fair,if I had to have a mid 2000s Renault the 1.6 petrol is probably the one to go for.Personal and friend's experiences would make me run a mile from the 1.5 diesel.Especially the friend who bought an immaculate 44k Scenic which was never right and was scrapped within 2 years.Petrol engines seem to be tough enough.

My sister has the 1.6 petrol version, hers is a 56 reg. not too bad, but has had about four window regulators.

Hope she didnt pay for a single one of them? Anytime you call up Renaults customer services line, there is a separate dedicated line to ring through to via one of the options, which is solely for Megane and Scenic II window regulators and nothing else. Seemingly theyve been forced to admit the fault is a design defect and are footing the bill for them.

P.S. what is the deal with these Scenics needing new speedo heads which cant have the cars existing mileage transferred over? every other car I know of except a Scenic thats needed new clocks/dials the cars current mileage is transferrable over to the new ones, even on the VAG scene where a lot of people update to clocks with colour screens out of newer models or even entirely different cars (Tiguan into Golf etc.) the mileage can be transferred, so why is it solely Scenics? even other Renners the mileage can be swapped to the new ones, I know because ive seen a couple of Megane and Laguna II ones done when I worked for Arnies. 

PPS Im very surprised a dealer didnt want this in p/ex, a lot of the big dealers are selling older cars. even older than this now, with higher mileages, I wouldve assumed a cheap low miles MPV would be something theyd be keen on as they are quick sellers, loads of families seem to be after a cheap people carrier, couldve given her a grand for it and theyd stick it up for £2999 on their forecourt. 

Hope she didnt pay for a single one of them? Anytime you call up Renaults customer services line, there is a separate dedicated line to ring through to via one of the options, which is solely for Megane and Scenic II window regulators and nothing else. Seemingly theyve been forced to admit the fault is a design defect and are footing the bill for them.

P.S. what is the deal with these Scenics needing new speedo heads which cant have the cars existing mileage transferred over? every other car I know of except a Scenic thats needed new clocks/dials the cars current mileage is transferrable over to the new ones, even on the VAG scene where a lot of people update to clocks with colour screens out of newer models or even entirely different cars (Tiguan into Golf etc.) the mileage can be transferred, so why is it solely Scenics? even other Renners the mileage can be swapped to the new ones, I know because ive seen a couple of Megane and Laguna II ones done when I worked for Arnies. 

PPS Im very surprised a dealer didnt want this in p/ex, a lot of the big dealers are selling older cars. even older than this now, with higher mileages, I wouldve assumed a cheap low miles MPV would be something theyd be keen on as they are quick sellers, loads of families seem to be after a cheap people carrier, couldve given her a grand for it and theyd stick it up for £2999 on their forecourt.

I'm sure she's paid. But have just emailed her.

I'm sure she's paid. But have just emailed her.

Unfortunately I think you are snookered if youve already paid, its one of these ones where if you call up when you have the fault they either agree to cover the cost or cover the majority like 75/80% but you cant call up after theyve been sorted and tried and claim it back, supposedly according to Renault themselves, the dealers are supposed to contact Renault UK whilst the car is with the dealer to see if the manufacturer will contribute anything, and the dealers werent bothering their lazy arses to do it.

Slightly similar happened with my Clio and this is how I know about the Megane/Scenic regulators because i ended up on call to the customer care manager on shift at the time, my blowers stopped working on speed 2 on a 3 and a half year old 32,000 miles Clio and the dealer said it wasnt covered under my used car warranty directly with them as it was a wear and tear fault which had cause the resistor to melt, fuse to the wiring and burn the wires, £228 they stung me for, I wasnt happy at that on such a new car and got on to Renault who to be fair were very helpful and said that the dealer shouldve contacted them as they wouldve had no issue with making a large contribution to the repair of £150, they were away to contact the dealer to find out why they hadnt bothered, and they said they wouldnt give me £150 cash back but I they would give me £150 on a letter I could spend on Renault parts/accessories, my next service, new tyres, anything I wanted for my car basically. 

The window regulators aren't what goes, it's the TEMIC module that tells it what to do. You can buy cheap replacements on eBay that don't have one touch but are reliable as hell, the ex SiC Scenic has 3/4 of them.

Is there a link for eBay please?

• 2 weeks later...

To be fair,if I had to have a mid 2000s Renault the 1.6 petrol is probably the one to go for.Personal and friend's experiences would make me run a mile from the 1.5 diesel.Especially the friend who bought an immaculate 44k Scenic which was never right and was scrapped within 2 years.Petrol engines seem to be tough enough.

The 1.6 (and the 1.4, to be fair) petrols were very good. It's a shame the 1.5 diesel has its turbo/injector problems, as they're a brilliant motor otherwise.