1994 Peugeot 405 GTX 2.0 Auto ex Junkman

dunnaz

I have a dilemma. I bought this car from Junkman back in 2015, and it gave me no problems. Then, in April 2016, myself and the girlfriend ditched it all and went travelling around South East Asia, leaving the Peugeot on my parent's drive to use upon our return.

Fast forward. Now, that return is not likely, not for any length of time anyway. Which leaves me with what to do with the 405? Currently the MOT has expired, but it still starts and runs fine, has been washed regularly and moved around my parent's driveway.

Since owning, I have sorted out various water leaks in the cabin, new rocker gasket, 4 new speakers from a 206cc, fixed the front fogs and pinned up the headlining with some thumb tacks sprayed to match the headlining (as best as possible anyway!)

So, would anyone be interested in giving this car a new home as it stands? It will need a new/good used battery and of course a new MOT. I have had my dad look underneath it and there is nothing that looks untoward. All welding (and numberplate issues) were sorted at the last MOT, so "I can't see any reason why it wouldn't pass"...  The car is in Luton, Beds.

Mileage is around 135,000 from memory. Probably the most comfortable and easy to drive car I have owned. V5 etc all present. Very tidy all round with a slight bump on the rear, which now doesn't leak! I had this on a classic policy with Peter James for about £110 a year, too.

Price? I am open to reasonable suggestion! It would be nice if I can find it a home back in the AS family.

IMG_20151204_145746.jpg

Possibly. Can you pm me some details

As mentioned in the other thread, looking for a small cheap and cheerful auto

Need to enquire with my insurer first, though a cursory check of Merrkats suggests it might be a no go.

The interior is still as it looks in the pics. Very plush and very 90's.. How can you go wrong??

The original mot PHAIL numberplate is on the wall of my manshed!

As to a price, it's difficult to say as I know some will say a car without MOT is 'worthless m8' but I know this car is better than that. Maybe around £200?

I am home in October for a few weeks, so I could MOT it then and maybe try to sell for a higher price, but wondering if its all really worth the hassle in the grand scheme of things. It would be nice to see it go back into regular service.

I will happily answer any questions...

I'm now under instruction not to sell my R8 under any circumstances (and to be honest I think I'd regret it), but I can still buy the 405. Whether I can depends on what PBIS etc say (and shifting a couple of things I don't use), I'll ask tomorrow.

If Peter Best can't help, I found this legit looking advert on a Bradford car selling site:

post-17573-0-73535300-1498774527_thumb.jpg

Described as both "Fully legit" and the slightly more reassuring "100% legit", this man will put you on his uncle's trade policy or something for a couple of hundred quid.

Sorted.