MGB GT - Mission finally complete! Phew.

SiC

...most of which do not fit in a BGT!

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

You'd be surprised! I managed to fit one in the Smart Roadster (just). No passenger mind.

Actually hope to use it for running it around for things like going to the local RC flying club.

I bought this in part to learn new things and have fun. So I've got a million and one questions but because this thread is so long now, not sure if I'd be better to park this thread as a MGB car search thread and start a new?

Plenty of bits and pieces to sort on this and write about too.

I won't deny, I'd really like a sunroof still.

Speaking of leaks, I had a feel in the car earlier after the heavy rain and it's pretty much dry everywhere. Slightly moist from one of the under the passenger air outlet but only slightly. I was worried, especially with the heavy rain, that I'd find a goldfish bowl amount of water in the footwells.

Extremely tempted to get a builder in (or just do it myself) and have a car port put up. Not as good as a garage but should be a darn sight better than nothing.

Smart Roadster instead has decided to disgrace itself by getting itself wet again behind the back seats. Going to need another go with the rubber seal treatment. Pretty sure it is really from it crying to itself when it saw its replacement appear. :(

Going against the grain on this one simon but i think the colour really suits it and very much of the era.

Resist any temptation to travel the well trodden road of minilites and a red paintjob.

Note sure about the ICE but maybe use your skills with programming and electrikery to build something like in the link below

http://www.retrojdm.com/ArduinoCarStereo.asp

The top exterior facing rubber seal (2 seals on mine) is pretty worn. But the boot seemed dry. The foam inserts in the wing felt a tad damp mind. I've removed them as someone mentioned earlier that they're great at causing rust.

Need to have a check in the spare tyre well and make sure it's dry there too. But the rest of that area seemed fine.

I'm not massively into these, honest, but, er, these two others that I took photos of at Brooklands in January were both N reg too, so unless there's an 'over enthusiastic' arm of the enthusiasts club I reckon 74/75 is a safe bet:

post-16950-0-91281100-1501506250_thumb.jpg

post-16950-0-99977500-1501506270_thumb.jpg

post-16950-0-55210900-1501506288_thumb.jpg

post-16950-0-61441300-1501506303_thumb.jpg

Edit: I've zoomed into the badge on the wing and I think it says 1925-MG-1975 so 50th anniversary model I assume?