MGB GT - Mission finally complete! Phew.

SiC

I paid my £1.99 to TotalCarCheck on that harvest gold one nearish, as I was intrigued...

Ownership
No. Of Previous Keepers: 2
Current Keeper Acquired Date: 09 May 2017
Previous Keeper Sold Date: 09 May 2017
Previous Keeper Acquired Date: 17 April 2003
Vehicle Age: 42 years 11 months
Registration Date: 02 August 1974

The only MOT it has was 24th April 2017.

Hmm! Makes you wonder why the second owner had it 14 years and not MOT'd at least since 2005, got it MOT'd and then sold it month later. Or it was "restored"/bodged by a garage to get through an MOT and shifted on, like that local orange one to me.

At least its not too far to go investigate.

19 pages and no impulse purchase.  UR DOIN IT RONG

Page 1 was the nearly impulse purchase! However after the realisation it was really shit, I kinda lost some confidence in being able to impulse purchase a cheap classic/banger...

Could have been owned by someone like me who let it sit in the garage for a few years, always intending to put it on the road for the summer, but never getting around to it. Then after several years realising that it was never going to be used again finally biting the bullet recommissioning it and selling it. This was me with my TR7, there was nothing wrong with it, it was just that I had other things going on and it was out of sight out of mind down at my brother's. It was there for five years before I accepted that I was never going to want to use it again.

Could have been owned by someone like me who let it sit in the garage for a few years, always intending to put it on the road for the summer, but never getting around to it. Then after several years realising that it was never going to be used again finally biting the bullet recommissioning it and selling it. This was me with my TR7, there was nothing wrong with it, it was just that I had other things going on and it was out of sight out of mind down at my brother's. It was there for five years before I accepted that I was never going to want to use it again.

I bought my MGB GT like that, the guy had just got fed up of it in the garage. I get bored when I finish a car, as soon as it's no longer a project it's only a matter of time until it goes. The Capri is supposedly a keeper but who knows once it's done.......

No. :(

The modern Aldi A4 has eaten up car budget for cars. Especially as it needs fixing. Plus wife has been feeling pretty crap after the procedure and so didn't like the idea of me buggering off for the day.

Hence my silence a bit recently on this thread!

Still for sale, had a small price drop and more photos uploaded. One I think is a marmite colour and won't sell too quickly!

$_57.JPG

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/mgb-gt-full-mot-great-drive-chrome-bumper/1253800876

Has a video too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTJXYGWMaB0