Not Dollywobbler's Proton - Collected

dollywobbler

With fresh MOT, it was time to tackle my first business trip. But first, scenery.

DHgibsPXYAIS7C3.jpg

After that, I headed up to the National Library of Wales where, after driving in my £50 car (cough, ignoring recent costs, cough), I read about 217mph supercars that cost daft sums of money. They don't even have rear seats!

DHginn1XUAAKEna.jpg

Researching XJ220's then I assume? Are you likely to get to drive one with your magazine work? As a kid my favourite Scalextric car was the one below.

attachicon.gifC483_Jaguar_XJ220_Endurance_RHS.jpg

Doesn't seem to be coming together at the moment, so I'm just reading books instead. A part of me is dead keen to have a go, but another part of me is thinking 'don't meet your heroes.' Especially after the disappointment of the (admittedly auto) Honda NSX. I think I'm just not the supercar type...

Jay Leno had a go in one recently on his YouTube channel and seemed very impressed with it and he has some seriously tasty cars. I don't think I could get over the fear of crashing it in the unlikely event that I got to drive one, though I suppose that is what insurance is for lol.

I am amused by the darker painted sections of the rear hatch and C pillars, to make the rear glass appear larger than it actually is. By that logic you have the windshield extended down to the headlights which looks better than the common current practise by the manufacturers of extending the headlights to the windshield.

New style, coming to a showroom near you, etc.

++Good on the pass

Thanks! I may have to punt this one on though. It still needs a lot of improving, but then, so does the Bluebird. I've really enjoyed making the Bluebird better, and have invested a lot more time and effort into making it so. I'm not sure I have it in me to restore the Proton as well. I'm also aware I've still got the Honda sitting on the driveway doing nothing, which does seem rather a waste.

This is such a miserable-looking motor, its really nailed the look. I can imagine it belonging to some penniless old git who would manage for years without tax or MOT by parking it in a quiet corner of his council estate and only ever using it to drive to the co-op for baccy at 8.45pm.

I would love to take it on but theres just no way.

I've always wanted a Proton Aeroback, and now I have one. But, it's a project too far at the moment. There's still stuff I need to do on the 2CV, the Bluebird still needs further improvements and I've had barely a sniff of interest in the Honda. Something must go.

So, it's for sale. Bear in mind I've just spent £260 getting it through the MOT, and before that, another £50 or so on brakes, this definitely is not profiteering!

Nothing to stop you driving away anywhere, but I would say it needs the rear brakes looking at. They just pass an MOT but my suspicion is that the shoes are low. It also has an oil leak, from the rocker cover seal I think. Also, just in case it's a deal breaker, the rear wiper does not park automatically.

I am number 1 and this is a great investment. No idea why I want to own it, or what I would do if I did, or how I'd explain it to my wife or kids, but hey.

1.New POD

7. 3VOM

12. Cavcraft

19. Aldo135

27. DaveQ

30. 3VOM

44. Cavcraft

45. Cavcraft

46. Aldo135