Not Dollywobbler's Proton - Collected

dollywobbler

Nope. That wouldn't work at all. If I want a white bonnet, Omegod found one, but it's a bit big to post. If I could find time, I'd still like to nip up to that yard for the bonnet and maybe the front bumper, though I still like the metallic blue...

Can it be relayed to you? I.e I could meet Omegod somewhere and bring to Oswestry or something if it helped?

Idea:

Purchase whole donor car, A-frame it home (preferably with the Proton), put on YouTube titled "I saved a Proton from the scrapyard", Tell Malaysians, Malaysians watch video, YouTube royalties pay for the donor car, you get to own 2 Protons, you win at life.

Idea:

Purchase whole donor car, A-frame it home (preferably with the Proton), put on YouTube titled "I saved a Proton from the scrapyard", Tell Malaysians, Malaysians watch video, YouTube royalties pay for the donor car, you get to own 2 Protons, you win at life.

Actually, I feel jilted by the Malaysians. My latest video is getting far fewer hits. I guess I haven't been picked up by Malaysian news this time!

Actually, I feel jilted by the Malaysians. My latest video is getting far fewer hits. I guess I haven't been picked up by Malaysian news this time!

.... I think if you make a jibe at their president... imply dodgy financial jiggery pokery (woven into a critique of equally dodgy panel fit on Protons) apart from a Hit Squad visit, you might get on the news again  ;-)

https://dinmerican.wordpress.com/2017/04/24/malaysia-harassment-of-critics-intensified/

TS

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wow. I see what folk mean about Vintage Electronic Repair man.

I broke my own rule to look, and actually ventured into the youtube comments section. Never venture into the youtube comments section. That way madness lies.

Anyway, less of that nastiness. YAY THE PROTON HAS AN MOT! You are winner.

That must be a nice choice to have to make when coming out of your house, Bluebird or Proton? I would have to toss a coin to decide which fine machine to drive.

Haven't quite got to that idyllic phase yet. The Proton is still at the garage. I'm collecting it tonight and leaving the Bluebird, so its full-fat tyres can be fitted. Then I'll have to work out how to get the Bluebird home.

ah that would be where Rachel gets to drive HER new malaysian car

She's not interested. She loves the Nippa.

Anyway, after a joyous* committee meeting, I got the Proton home. It really is a bit shit, just like the Bluebird was when I first got that running. I hope it isn't going to turn into a similar money pit, though the Bluebird has at least become quite pleasant to drive now.

Brakes are poor, which I think is mostly rears. Just about scraped an MOT pass, but I reckon new shoes are going to be needed there. I got a verbal advise on the inner track rod end, so that needs sorting out. Garage was unable to get their hands on one today. It stinks of dog. It also doesn't pull very cleanly below 3000rpm, being prone to a spot of kangaroo-esque behaviour. I'm hoping a good service will sort that out. Already have an oil filter, thanks to Egg, so hopefully a fresh set of plugs will have it behaving nicely again.

Oh, and you can't open the driver's window, because the glass falls off the runners if you do. Still some way to go with this one I feel, and expenditure is already over £300...