With the Bluebird away, I fully intended to crack on investigating the Proton's brakes. Instead, I ripped the gaffer tape away to free the sunroof.
There was a load of moisture trapped underneath it, so the sheet of plastic taped over the sunroof had clearly been breached. It pretty much disintegrated...
I've cleaned the seals up as best I can, and removed all of the old manky sealant. It's everywhere! They've really tried to seal this, but have mostly probably just made things worse. I used glycerine to try and perk up the seal.
It doesn't help that there are no drains in the front corners, though there are some at the rear - presumably because air/water pressure at speed can otherwise overcome the seal. Initial 'bottle of water' tests are promising. To be continued...
1972 Invacar Model 70, 1973 AC Model 70
1986 Citroen 2CV6, 1998 Toyota Starlet S
1997 Honda S-MX, 2001 Perodua Nippa
HubNut Blog HubNut Vids Twatter