eBay US-Shite: No money down! EZ Finance!

Thought I'd have a browse at eBay.com to see what sort of shite is available in America.....

Posted Image

1980 Toyota Corona

Quality "steering lock"! Nice colour scheme too, shame about the door.

Posted Image

1977 Toyota Corona

This is more like it, loving the whitewalls. Some worrying marks underneath the drivers door, but looks pretty mint eh!

Posted Image

1966 Toyota Stout

Best model name ever, any of these in the UK I wonder.

Posted Image

1980 Toyota Tercel

I imagine this is fairly grim.

Posted Image

1979 Datsun Sunny Wagon

This is a Sunny isn't it? Just says Wagon on the thing and no badges on the back. Very smart though.

Posted Image

1964 Datsun Bluebird 1200

Calling Mr Bickle to front desk.....

Posted Image

1976 Mazda RX-4

Look at the buy it now price..... hmm, with current exchange rate..... let me see now.....

Posted Image

1987 Subaru RX Turbo 4WD

Superb! A lot more subtle than the XT.

Posted Image

1972 Citroën SM

Suspect this will dampen some trousers, $1000 no reserve!

Posted Image

1986 Honda Accord Limousine

Ludicrous. Also utter crap.

Posted Image

1985 Honda Accord LX

And just $4000 BIN! Where do I sign?!

Posted Image

1979 Lincoln Continental Mark V Bill Blass Edition

I absolutely love these, the king of land yachts. Super obnoxious "Bill Blass" colour scheme too. Wonder if it has the optional 7.5L V8?

Posted Image

1979 Volvo 262C

I know there is a lot of love for these over here, check out those crazy buttoned door cards!

Posted Image

1964 Studebaker Zip Van

Autoshite US Tour Bus?

Posted Image

1979 Pontiac Le Mans Wagon

This is my sort of wagon!

Posted Image

1979 AMC Concord

Horrendously shite. This is the sort of thing I expect to see pulled over on "Cops".

Posted Image

1989 Merkur Scorpio

At last, a chance to own your very own!

More later? Who knows.

There was a Tercel of that sort down in John Wrights scrappy. Was a left hooker so presumably from the US of A. They're FWD but with an inline engine if I remember rightly.

Check out the American Datsun Maxima (910 Bluebird here). This pic really shows how much longer the front end is than our UK Bluebirds. Must be quite nice with 2.4 injected straight six power rather than a poxy 1.8 four pot we got.

Posted Image

That RX-4 is brill'... I remember my dad telling me about the mad roof console on his, the epically smooth drivetrain and other quirks. He crashed it into a tree, the bugger.WANT.

I'd be loathed to have that RX4 on the sole reason that it's a facelift, which has to be one of the most awful facelifts in the history of mankind! The original is about 1 milllion times better.I have a roof console for one of those kicking around... :)

That RX-4 is brill'... I remember my dad telling me about the mad roof console on his, the epically smooth drivetrain and other quirks. He crashed it into a tree, the bugger.

WANT.

I'd be loathed to have that RX4 on the sole reason that it's a facelift, which has to be one of the most awful facelifts in the history of mankind! The original is about 1 milllion times better.

I have a roof console for one of those kicking around... :)

I thought it might have been some awful Federal-spec front end, didn't realise they were facelifted the world over.

Posted Image

8) Have you owned one?

I'd be loathed to have that RX4 on the sole reason that it's a facelift, which has to be one of the most awful facelifts in the history of mankind!

The back is no picnic neither! The original has some consideration to style, with curves and louvres - with distinctive rear lamps. The facelift version simply has a panel that covers that feature up. Shame on you Mazda.

original

Posted Image

facelift

Posted Image

(the 929 was the combustion version)

1980 Toyota CoronaQuality "steering lock"!

I suspect that what you're seeing as a steering lock might be a novelty 'self-putting-on' seat belt - I have a feeling that the buckle moves round the door aperture as the door closes. Surely one of the most annoying safety features ever conceived? Just imagine trying to retrieve the Werther's Originals from the glove box (or install a radio)!

Check out the American Datsun Maxima (910 Bluebird here). This pic really shows how much longer the front end is than our UK Bluebirds. Must be quite nice with 2.4 injected straight six power rather than a poxy 1.8 four pot we got.

Posted Image

US mag Car & Driver did a 910 Maxima as a project car (they seemed to do a lot of that back in the 80’s), basically fitted it with a 280ZX engine. The Maxima estate would be good fun.

The 910 Bluebirds we got were a bit let down by still having the old L16/L18 engines and I’m somewhat ambivalent about them as a whole. Though I do like the SSS coupe (which never got the stretch nose and 6-pot, just as well as I reckon that would look quite odd).

That yellow estate is a Sunny B310, but the Americans called it 210.