Forum Funding - Statement of account UPDATED 04/11/2021

Stanky

• 4 weeks later...

Monthly update on forum finances.

Last months FundRazr overshot the £100 target and we reached £115.00, thanks to all who donated - It seemed that the PayPal bug wasn't as prevalent this month, or people stopped bothering to let me know... Anyway -  it is very much appreciated.

Costs this month have been a total of £83.00 for the hosting and backups. Fundrazr admin costs and paypal processing fees were a further £11.50

Combined, the costs were £94.50

The current balance in the account is therefore +£371.72

As before, we'll keep this as a reserve in case of unexpected costs, and open a new Fundrazr campaign to cover the costs for the next month. The target will be £90.00 to cover Fundrazr fees, hosting and backups. As we're increasing the money in the coffers each month I'm going to reduce the funding targets to use up some of the surplus.

The link to the new FundRazr page can be found HERE

Again, all donations are very much appreciated.

Please let me know if the PayPal issue resurfaces, I hope we're past that now.

I had the same issue with PayPal, though I can't guarantee it wasn't because I put the password in wrongly. Card worked though, so apparently I have had Social Impact. Well, that's a first.

Is FundRazr helpful? Seems a bit half-arsed to me. Up to you though.

Whatever, thanks again for keeping the old ship afloat so well after it was very nearly scuppered with all hands.

• 5 weeks later...

Usual update on forum finances, y'all

Last months FundRazr overshot the £90 target and we reached £92.00, thanks to all who donated - Didn't hear much in the way of PayPal problems, please let me know if they do reoccur though.

Costs this month have been the usual total of £83.00 for the hosting and backups. Fundrazr admin costs and paypal processing fees were a further £9.20

Combined, the costs were £92.20

The current balance in the account is therefore +£371.52

As before, we'll keep this as a reserve in case of unexpected costs, and open a new Fundrazr campaign to cover the costs for the next month. The target will be £90 to cover Fundrazr fees, hosting and backups. As we're increasing the money in the coffers each month I'm going to reduce the funding targets to use up some of the surplus.

The link to the new FundRazr page can be found HERE

Again, all donations are very much appreciated.

Please let me know if the PayPal issue resurfaces, I hope we're past that now

• 4 weeks later...

Sam, whilst I understand where you are coming from, the kitty was originally established for funding of the hosting cost of this site.

Given the past issues over the transparency of what money was going where, I would suggest that any whip-round to other causes outwith the original remit should be separately raised and processed, even if it is under the collective banner of Autoshite.

Sam, whilst I understand where you are coming from, the kitty was originally established for funding of the hosting cost of this site.

Given the past issues over the transparency of what money was going where, I would suggest that any whip-round to other causes outwith the original remit should be separately raised and processed, even if it is under the collective banner of Autoshite.

That is a very good point... Sorry, I'll await the whip round thread

FWIW I’d be happy to see some forum funds being used for this. If we can’t agree as a website to make a small gesture like this, it sort of seems wrong.

I can’t see it not being transparent as it’s being suggested up front, but again that’s just my view.

I would expect most people would be more than happy (happy isn’t really the appropriate word in this circumstance is it) to show a bit of respect collectively with a wreath or mental health charity donation.

Maybe autoshite should adopt a mental health charity....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There has been talk of a sort of AS nominated charity before, but cannot remember where we ended up with it. It'd be a nice gesture imho, but obviously up to everyone really and it goes without saying it wouldn't be a 'forced' donation if it did go ahead. 

There has been talk of a sort of AS nominated charity before, but cannot remember where we ended up with it. It'd be a nice gesture imho, but obviously up to everyone really and it goes without saying it wouldn't be a 'forced' donation if it did go ahead. 

I think that it was parked due to the challenge of finding a consensus amongst us all. 

I think that it was parked due to the challenge of finding a consensus amongst us all. 

Personally with the majority of sad gits folk interested in cars being male and the horrific statistics of men between the age of 20 and 40 being most likely to take their own lives and this being a car forum (but much more so) I would be interested if anyone would object to a donation towards any mental health charity. I certainly wouldn't object.

If we could collectively support somewhere (personally the Samaritans would get my vote) then I will gladly pledge £10 of my spends in that direction.

This is probably not the place but there will hopefully be a place where this is the norm.