Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Forum Funding - Donations in memory of Dave21478 - 3/8/18

Forum Finances

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#271 OFFLINE   richardthestag

richardthestag

• Full Members
  • 2,933 posts
  • 21 thanks
  • LocationBuckinghamshite and Devonshite

Posted 14 August 2018 - 08:47 PM

only really just catching up on this...nothing I can say that anyone hasn't already

RIP Mr Numbers

Shitroen C4 GP 2007 1.6HDi - Wife's daily written off, farewell trusty but slightly unpredictable steed

Pug 307 - son's daily runner Sold to Arthur Foxhake

Range Rover Vogue 1993 - my daily runner

Daewoo Matiz 2002 - Sold

Jaguar x308 Sovereign 4 litre - nicked by Fathathestag might be up 4sayle soon

Triumph Staaag 1973 - cheaper than a mistress.. just

Range Rover 1972 - ongoing extensive restoration

Range Rover 1972 - complete shed but in line for restoration

Land Rover 1969 SIIa SWB - belongs to Fathathestag but maintained and welded by me

BMW E46 318i touring - sold to hhhugues

#272 OFFLINE   Stanky

Stanky

Forum Bursar

• Full Members
  • 2,934 posts
  • 117 thanks
  • LocationFareham

Posted 15 August 2018 - 07:50 PM

Thanks to everyone who has contributed, we are at an astonishing £1,642 right now, which after fees and the wreath we sent for Dave's funeral is £1480.

I'm going to leave the Fundrazr open until this coming Sunday, 19th August then wrap it up.

We're still in the process of sorting a charity, or charities, for the money to go towards. I'll update everyone shortly on this.

• Mr_Bo11ox, outlaw118, andrew e and 16 others like this

2003 Toyota Yaris

2004 SAAB 9-3

1998 Toyota Celica ST

1996 Nissan Almera GX (departed)

198? Jago Geep (Now resideing chez red5)

368728.png

Thanked by 1 Member:
egg

#273 OFFLINE   Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

• Administrators
  • 1,549 posts
  • 179 thanks

Posted 16 August 2018 - 10:12 AM

That's an amazing amount.
  • mk2_craig and Hooli like this

#274 OFFLINE   chodweaver

chodweaver

• Full Members
  • 1,672 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationCongleton

Posted 16 August 2018 - 04:15 PM

I've been round at Dave's sister's house tonight, she's not long back from France, I also ended up speaking to Dave's other sister in France on the phone.
Both of which expressed sincere thanks for the kind words on here (before and since) and the collection.

I was told that Dave's neighbours insisted on providing the wake, closed the road in the hamlet and all came together (literally every single person) to provide the food and drink.
I doubt this was done officially but i suspect permission would have been easy if it was.
Both the mayors of the area he resided in and the one he worked in called his sister to express their sympathies having known him personally.

Does anyone remember posts about him repairing a disability vehicle (possibly some sort of sans-permit car)?
An elderly, disabled (and mostly housebound) neighbour of his had crashed the vehicle in question, when Dave found he went round to hers, got the keys and recovered the vehicle (requiring a trailer rather than just a pickup bed).
He fixed it (including buying new parts) and delivered it back to her, refusing to take a penny for his work.
Neither of his sisters knew this woman or that he had fixed her car until last week.

Again, thanks for the update, Tayne

Out of all of this, I think that's the saddest thing I've heard - that this lonely man should have been held in such high regard by his neighbours. I hope Dave knew how much his local community valued him.
  • Lacquer Peel likes this

Vomit colour Corsa 1.4 Comfort badermatic (the one constant, reliable thing in my life /Quentin)

XM 2.1 SEDTurbo (leaky driveway ornament)

Chrysler Graf Spee Limited 3.3 + LPG (suspected OMGHG, ABS, AC and driver's seat heater failures)

LT Multicruiser (guest bedroom and backup kitchen)

Mk1 MR2 (rumours of its health are lies)

(I'm sure I've forgotten at least one...)

#275 OFFLINE   Tayne

Tayne

• Full Members
  • 12,530 posts
  • 126 thanks
  • LocationThe Granite City of Aberdeen

Posted 16 August 2018 - 06:55 PM

Sadly, it seems he may not have known.

It always amuses me that e46s vie with the PT Cruiser as the car that's too shit for Autoshite, 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users