Forum Funding - Statement of account UPDATED 04/11/2021

Stanky

Thanks all for your contributions to the forum over the last month, as the 'treasurer' for AS and the one funding the costs up-front, I wanted to update everyone on the current finances of the forum and set out the plan going forward.

The Fundrazr page has now been locked and will stop accepting new donations. The total raised this month was £677.00

Costs this month have been a total of £296.00 for the software licence, hosting and backups. Fundrazr admin costs and paypal processing fees were a further £67.70.

Combined, the costs were £363.70

The current balance in the account is therefore +£313.30

We propose we keep this balance as a reserve in case of unexpected expenses, and open a new Fundrazr campaign to cover the costs for the next month. The target will be £110 to cover Fundrazr fees, hosting and backups, which come to a combined total of £94.00. The software is paid for through to November 23rd now.

The link to the new FundRazr page can be found HERE

Thanks to all who donated, it is very much appreciated.

I have a suggestion.  There are a lot of roffles on here, and many are obviously happy to blow a bit of money, often repeatedly, in the hope of winning a motor but also as a gesture in online community spirit.  As this forum provides the platform for users to offload their shite on here, I reckon 10% off the total amount should automatically be donated to the forum. 

I've no idea how this works, but just a thought... Would it not be worth leaving the FundRayZorz page open constantly? If people have the funds at that moment in time, are keen on donating, but have to wait for the next window as such, I do wonder if vital fund top-up opportunities are being missed?

I've no idea how this works, but just a thought... Would it not be worth leaving the FundRayZorz page open constantly? If people have the funds at that moment in time, are keen on donating, but have to wait for the next window as such, I do wonder if vital fund top-up opportunities are being missed?

I think this is a good idea. I have about 12 minutes a month where I have enough disposable cash to donate. Miss that window and I feel bad for the rest of the month!

Obv if the fund gets to a few grand then maybe cap it, or as a thank you* to the moderation team we get to set them a series of challenges using the surplus/a set amount of the fund...

I suspect that may be going to the former site admin, if you can PM me the paypal email that you are/were sending money to, I can confirm.

PM sent. In fact looking on paypal I set it up in December 2013, so think it's definitely going to be the wrong person!