Seat Leon Cupra - 12 months MOT, 2001, £750

mercedade

This clearly doesn't count as shite (apologies), but I've got to clear the decks having bought my ZT.

I bought this from Sporty_shite back in April, with plans for it to replace my Vitesse.

http://autoshite.com/topic/27008-seat-leon-cupra-20-valve-turbo-180bhp-£750-bolton/#entry1150906

However, it suffered one significant issue - it's too low for my driveway. I put the lowered suspension back to standard (lowering springs will go with the car, so if that's your thing...) but no joy. The car itself is fine, it's the Cupra front splitter which is low. It won't be bothered by speed humps or anything, it's just my driveway has a VERY steep ramp up to my house.

I'm actually taking it to be MOT-ed tomorrow, having sorted a knackered CV boot, the suspension, and a non opening boot. It's also had oil, air and pollen filters, and plugs from me as well as some re-fitted body kit. If all goes well, then the car is ready to go to a new home!

It's an absurdly good car. Fully working air con, powered windows, absolute STACK of history, including belts and water pump 2 years ago (will confirm). It's also ridiculously fast, if that's your thing.

So, with 12 months MOT, obviously it's more than I paid for it, but hopefully that's fair.

Shiters discount available, obviously - especially if it saves me from eBay.

It's an absurdly good car. Fully working air con, powered windows...

I honestly meant to write powerfold mirrors. Don't get me wrong, it does have powered windows, I'm just not sure it's something I'd pull out on an advert.

Six speed box, happy days.

Nice cars these IMO, not keen on the bodykit though and generally i like that sort of thing.

Get a roffle going, id like it but dont have that amount of dosh spare, so thats the only way I have any chance of acquiring it. 

How did I miss a belt change in the history?

0.2/10. Must read more.

Seriously, though, this is a cracking car. Really miss it, but I've spent all my money now.

Not sure! I was chuffed to find it though. It's had some serious love in the past - a huge number of Seat dealer stamps in the history too.

One problem I have noticed - the MOT tester has knocked 60k off the mileage.

The mileage reads 161k, but on today's MOT he's recorded it as 101k. This is going to make me look proper shady!

Is this something I need to address, or do I just explain to buyers what's happened (it honestly couldn't be more obvious) and wait for it to correct itself at the next MOT?

Youd likely be fine, its not as if the MOT reads MORE than the cars mileage which would look suss, but me personally everything has to tie up so id be back down the MOT station and ask him to amend it if possible.

I guess reading a 6 for a 0 isnt that far fetched tbh so its probably easy done but id get it amended anyway.

One problem I have noticed - the MOT tester has knocked 60k off the mileage.

The mileage reads 161k, but on today's MOT he's recorded it as 101k. This is going to make me look proper shady!

Is this something I need to address, or do I just explain to buyers what's happened (it honestly couldn't be more obvious) and wait for it to correct itself at the next MOT?

Just tipex the erroneous 0 out and write a 6 in its place

I'm sure no-one will question it at all.......

Now on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-Leon-Cupra-180-20v-Turbo-12-Months-MOT-/222558579460?

Let the idiocy begin.

One thing did work out for me - the listing hasn't cost me anything. The numbskulls who designed* the listings editor seem to have buggered up the coding somewhere which made it impossible to deselect the 'gallery plus' option. A quick call to eBay customer service* and, to their massive credit, they acknowledged the problem and refunded me the entire listing fee, including the extra gallery plus.

Hopefully it'll sell quickly.

Nice cars these IMO, not keen on the bodykit though and generally i like that sort of thing.

Get a roffle going, id like it but dont have that amount of dosh spare, so thats the only way I have any chance of acquiring it. 

I'd consider a roffle, but not sure there'd be much appetite for £13.50 tickets. Happy to be proven wrong though.

• 4 weeks later...