Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Travelling to France

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#181 OFFLINE   Mr_Bo11ox

Mr_Bo11ox

• Full Members
  • 22,623 posts
  • 14 thanks
  • LocationUttoxeter/Derby

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:56 PM

Letter off parents and local Police or Mayor or similar?

Had the similar issue that stripped fred had. Three generations and all with different surnames had the UK guy puzzled.

Why the hell would someone need a letter from a local mayor when travelling from Spain to UK? Complete nonsense, at least until March 2019 of course.
  • Junkman and Dave_Q like this

PIGEONZ NEST

CHECK OUT MY AWARD-WINNING SHITE-FIXING BLOG HERE

"THE 2.3 POWERTRAIN IS A SILENT IS AS A FISH, AND IT PULLS LIKE A GREAT"
"The engine has airbrushed skulls on it"

"Car shows are full of mentals talking tosh"

"I promised her I would waxoyl her Polo"

#182 OFFLINE   artdjones

artdjones

• Full Members
  • 248 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationCork

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:03 PM

Yes in France,if the limit is 130kph most people do at least 120, on the 90 kph roads most people are doing almost the limit.

#183 OFFLINE   panhard65

panhard65

Full Members

• Full Members
  • 2,614 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • Locationsomerset

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:53 PM

I am a few nights in to my little road trip 950 miles so far down to the spanish border then back up to Narbonne for the main main reason for our trip https://www.lesgrand...aurant/buffets It really was worth the drive as well. We move on Tomorrow towards the Cote de Azur then on to Northern Italy. Fingers crossed the Porsche is going to be ok as it has a wheel bearing that is humming quite badly now. It seem ok as long as I keep it at sensible speeds. We have seen bugger all in the way of traffic and the average speed is still 58mph even with a few hours round the mountains. There is so much tat about but a lack of camera means there won't be many pictures after.

• Asimo likes this

'68 Peugeot 204 diesel estate

'99 Peugeot 806 of slightly less dents

'02 Porsche Boxster S 3.2
'02 Citroen Saxo Furio

#184 OFFLINE   Heritage motor centre

Heritage motor centre

Feckless Idiot

• Full Members
  • 2,941 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • LocationDevon

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:12 AM

At the German and most eastern end of my road trip. Touch wood car going well. Anyone know the likelihood of a static speed camera zap resulting in a fine ending up on your uk doorstep? Also what's the deal with the (redundant?) need for in car breathalysers- im confused.

Whilst here I've been scouring ebay.de for a better pair of front wings and a set of the original alloys.
IMG_2072.JPG
Touch wood my Hydraulic rear suspension repairs are good and the only failure has been the bonnet star being ripped off by a passenger....
  • RobT likes this
2002 Ford Mondeo 1.8LX Estate
2002 Mercedes E320cdi Avantgarde T-model
2005 Mercedes CLS 500

#185 OFFLINE   dollywobbler

dollywobbler

Mr HubNut

• Full Members
  • 23,709 posts
  • 24 thanks

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:14 AM

Breathalysers are required by law, but my understanding is that they cannot actually implement said law, so I never bother.

1986 Citroen 2CV6, 1995 Lexus LS400
1997 Honda S-MX, 2001 Perodua Nippa
HubNut Blog      HubNut Vids    Twatter

#186 OFFLINE   flat4alfa

flat4alfa

• Full Members
  • 5,986 posts
  • 6 thanks
  • LocationFar too close to Gunsmoke Luton to feel safe

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:22 PM

I asked my sister who lives in France and she said the whole breathalyser thing was scrapped years ago as it was unworkable.

When I mentioned that we're not being told that back in England, she laughed.

So I looked it up again.  We are supposed to carry a breathalyser but the fine has been postponed twice and was shelved in January 2013

Vauxhall FB VX4/90, Alfa 33 Mk1 Gold Cloverleaf, Rover 420 SLi, Rover 418 GSD, Alfa 156 derv Wagon, funny face Multipla derv, Honda Aerodeck
Daimler XJ40AvantimeX1/9Alfa 146 boxer, Acclaim, XM veg, Maxi, Alfa 6, Alfa 33 QV, Alfa 155, TreviBeta SaloonsLandcrab, P6BRover R8 dervs, FuegoAlfasuds128, 131 and everything else

#187 ONLINE   dieselnutjob

dieselnutjob

• Full Members
  • 2,595 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationLondon UK

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:58 PM

I started to get a nasty vibration on the front at about 90km/h today.  It wasn't vibrating yesterday or before that.

Spanish tyre centre tested all four wheels and all four were off balance (I watched him test them) and charged 25 Euros to rebalance them.

Took it for a quick blast and it seems okay.

There is still a slight vibration from the back at 150km/h but it's fine at legal speeds.

There are some pretty big bumps on Spanish motorways so I guess it's caused a weight to fall off or something.

Welcome to Autoshite's Closet Peugeot Fanciers Society.

594039.png96811.png 604 blog

Low cost diagnostic tool for Rover, MG & Landrover cars www.pscan.eu

#188 OFFLINE   panhard65

panhard65

Full Members

• Full Members
  • 2,614 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • Locationsomerset

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:02 PM

I started to get a nasty vibration on the front at about 90km/h today.  It wasn't vibrating yesterday or before that.

Spanish tyre centre tested all four wheels and all four were off balance (I watched him test them) and charged 25 Euros to rebalance them.

Took it for a quick blast and it seems okay.

There is still a slight vibration from the back at 150km/h but it's fine at legal speeds.

There are some pretty big bumps on Spanish motorways so I guess it's caused a weight to fall off or something.

Stick on weights are pretty rubbish and very likely to fall off. The Porsche is still going but the wheel bearing is pretty noisey and the front suspension is knocking a bit on the front due to the seriously shit state of the back roads in France. Hopefully it will get us home I am really regretting bringing it and will most likely flog it when I get back and have fixed all the faults that have been showing up.

'68 Peugeot 204 diesel estate

'99 Peugeot 806 of slightly less dents

'02 Porsche Boxster S 3.2
'02 Citroen Saxo Furio

#189 OFFLINE   stripped fred

stripped fred

• Full Members
  • 2,338 posts
  • 9 thanks
  • LocationLeicester

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:17 PM

Anyone know the likelihood of a static speed camera zap resulting in a fine ending up on your uk doorstep?

I was flashed going about 5kmh over the limit in France, about 4 weeks ago. No fine in the post yet...
2004 VW Sharan 1.9 TDI SL - proving a very capable family wagon
1987 Toyota MR2 mk1 t-bar - currently SORN, need to use it more!

Previously...
2001 Peugeot 406 Estate GLX 2.0 Hdi - sold to a shiter
1993 Vauxhall Astra mk3 1.7D - sold to a shiter
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 2.4Jtd 20v SW - sold to a shiter
2001 Audi A4 Avant 1.9tdi - dead, engine problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users