Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
Info

Autoshite Help

Info

• Please log in to reply
356 replies to this topic

#331 OFFLINE   dave21478

dave21478

• Full Members
  • 3,896 posts
  • 37 thanks
  • LocationFrance

Posted 03 July 2018 - 11:04 AM

When typing a reply, in the bottom of the reply box it occasionally says "Last auto saved..." and the time.    How do you access this draft? as quite a few times in the past I have typed out a massive reply and then fucked something up and lost it all.

Nobody?

Thanked by 1 Member:
Bfg

#332 OFFLINE   Slowsilver

Slowsilver

• Full Members
  • 176 posts
  • 5 thanks
  • LocationNot Milton Keynes, but close

Posted 03 July 2018 - 12:10 PM

Nobody?

Try clicking "More Reply Options".

Should then say "View Auto Saved Content (Today xx.xx)" at bottom left of typing box.

Click this and it opens a text box showing the saved content and a button saying "Restore Content". Click this to restore.

Works for me.

• dave21478, Eddie Honda, Bfg and 2 others like this

1999 Vauxhall Zafira 1600 "Comfort"

1978 Austin Maxi 1750

1972 Renault 6 850

Thanked by 1 Member:
Bfg

#333 ONLINE   Matty

Matty

Rank Morris Ital

• Full Members
  • 93 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationHaslingden

Posted 07 July 2018 - 08:03 PM

Several questions and hope I've found the right spot to post em. Do you like a post by clicking the tick in the top corner? How do you post photos? How do you link things off the internet into your posts? How do you change the picture ( avatar??) In the corner of your posts? A lot to learn I know but my posts are dull as fuck but fair play folk have liked a few of em and would like to return the favour! Really not computer literate so any advice at a simpletons level would be mint

#334 OFFLINE   DSdriver

DSdriver

• Full Members
  • 3,688 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • LocationLiving with a schizophrenic parrot

Posted 25 July 2018 - 03:16 PM

I'm trying to get pics from my phone to my Volvo for sale thread, tapatalk tells me "We have a problem, sorry we have trouble to complete this request. (sic)

Then suggests I contact them to send the non-existent error log - yeah sure!

Is there an alternative application or other method like using the pics from my onedrive (which I have posted links in the forum thread but can't get my head around making the pictures actually appear on Autoshite.

Thank you kindly :)

JohnF said:
"I have to say, I don't really like the styling of Citroens.

But I just love the fact that they exist."

#335 ONLINE   Hooli

Hooli

Rank Outsider

• Full Members
  • 12,765 posts
  • 150 thanks
  • LocationNr Doncaster

Posted 25 July 2018 - 04:31 PM

Several questions and hope I've found the right spot to post em. Do you like a post by clicking the tick in the top corner? How do you post photos? How do you link things off the internet into your posts? How do you change the picture ( avatar??) In the corner of your posts? A lot to learn I know but my posts are dull as fuck but fair play folk have liked a few of em and would like to return the favour! Really not computer literate so any advice at a simpletons level would be mint

1st question - in tapatalk yes. On the full version there is a box marked 'like' or something equally obvious bottom right.

2 - err can't recall on tatatalk

3 - copy the URL

4 - user settings somewhere

Opinions expressed are those of this cunt, not any other cunt. They do not represent the views of those responsible for this forum.
Like any true Englishman I'm never unintentionally rude. If you're offended by this post, good as that is what was intended.

#336 ONLINE   Matty

Matty

Rank Morris Ital

• Full Members
  • 93 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationHaslingden

Posted 25 July 2018 - 08:53 PM

Cheers hooli! I'm assuming I'd be better off using the full site for things other than simple posts rather than the mobile version?

#337 ONLINE   Hooli

Hooli

Rank Outsider

• Full Members
  • 12,765 posts
  • 150 thanks
  • LocationNr Doncaster

Posted 25 July 2018 - 09:35 PM

I normally browse on a PC so not used tapatalk a lot to really compare them. Try both, see what suits you.

Opinions expressed are those of this cunt, not any other cunt. They do not represent the views of those responsible for this forum.
Like any true Englishman I'm never unintentionally rude. If you're offended by this post, good as that is what was intended.

#338 OFFLINE   chodweaver

chodweaver

• Full Members
  • 1,754 posts
  • 17 thanks
  • LocationCongleton

Posted 25 July 2018 - 10:48 PM

There should be a 'Like' button at the bottom left of each post in Tapatalk. Note that the number of 'Likes' on any post never exceeds 3, irrespective of how many it has actually collected - a bug with Tapatalk apparently.

The tick at the top right toggles whether you are 'Subscribed' to that topic - if you are, you will get notifications of new posts by other users, dependent on what notification settings you have on your forum profile (which is independent of Tapatalk)

Tapatalk is a bit limited when it comes to inserting emojis into your text and uploading images - you cannot choose where the image appears in relation to your text. I do upload the odd spot with it though - it's OK for that. There's a button below the text editor for uploading direct from the camera or images from the gallery in your phone.

ETA A Tapatalk improvement is that you can now edit your posts by selecting them, causing a spanner/screwdriver button to appear on the toolbar - press on that and you can choose whether to edit or delete the post (though I think deleting may rely on it still being the last post in the thread)

Vomit colour Corsa 1.4 Comfort badermatic (the one constant, reliable thing in my life /Quentin)

XM 2.1 SEDTurbo (leaky driveway ornament)

Chrysler Graf Spee Limited 3.3 + LPG (suspected OMGHG, ABS, AC and driver's seat heater failures)

LT Multicruiser (guest bedroom and backup kitchen)

Mk1 MR2 (rumours of its health are lies)

(I'm sure I've forgotten at least one...)

#339 ONLINE   SiC

SiC

• Full Members
  • 8,888 posts
  • 88 thanks
  • LocationBristol

Posted 25 July 2018 - 10:58 PM

I pretty much use Tapatalk for all my posting with pictures now. Yes that includes my project write ups! Otherwise I just use the mobile website as I find it easier to navigate through threads than the app.

Probably not good for my fingers keep typing on these small screens.
Oldies: 1972 Austin 1100 2dr - Project Rust bucket, 1974 MGB GT - A stereotypical classic car.
Moderns: 2008 Audi TT - Utterly boring but very compentent, 2010 Aldi A4 - Owned to placate the wife on my crap buying.

#340 ONLINE   Matty

Matty

Rank Morris Ital

• Full Members
  • 93 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationHaslingden

Posted 26 July 2018 - 05:13 AM

Thanks for the help and info lads it's appreciated

#341 OFFLINE   The Moog

The Moog

Licking Lichen

• Staff
  • 9,065 posts
  • 125 thanks
  • LocationAccrington .. who the heck are they ...

Posted 26 July 2018 - 06:24 AM

You can choose where to put photos in Tapatalk

if you upload the image
Then touch it
You get the following options
1a9c20349fb855b529d3f6052a578f9d.jpg
And choose insert inline - otherwise pops all the pics at end of the post
  • Pillock likes this
1999 - 406 2.0 hdi 90
1991 - Eunos Track beast
2003 - Getz

#342 ONLINE   Louise2cv

Louise2cv

• Full Members
  • 3,053 posts
  • 13 thanks

Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:31 PM

Do we have a non-car shitely thread? I am wondering if someone might be able to pick something up and possibly relay it somewhere, don't want to go o/t in the shortly thread if that's just for car bits.

#343 OFFLINE   mrbenn

mrbenn

• Full Members
  • 1,170 posts
  • 34 thanks

Posted 31 July 2018 - 12:35 PM

Don’t know about a thread, but I’m heading from Anglesey to Cheshire tomorrow if that helps.

PS: no livestock.
  • Louise2cv likes this

#344 ONLINE   Louise2cv

Louise2cv

• Full Members
  • 3,053 posts
  • 13 thanks

Posted 31 July 2018 - 12:41 PM

Thank you for offering, it's sonething coming the other way though unfortunately.

Thank you for offering :)
  • mrbenn likes this

#345 OFFLINE   5speedracer

5speedracer

• Full Members
  • 659 posts
  • 3 thanks

Posted 31 July 2018 - 12:45 PM

There should be a 'Like' button at the bottom left of each post in Tapatalk. Note that the number of 'Likes' on any post never exceeds 3, irrespective of how many it has actually collected - a bug with Tapatalk apparently.

The tick at the top right toggles whether you are 'Subscribed' to that topic - if you are, you will get notifications of new posts by other users, dependent on what notification settings you have on your forum profile (which is independent of Tapatalk)

Tapatalk is a bit limited when it comes to inserting emojis into your text and uploading images - you cannot choose where the image appears in relation to your text. I do upload the odd spot with it though - it's OK for that. There's a button below the text editor for uploading direct from the camera or images from the gallery in your phone.

ETA A Tapatalk improvement is that you can now edit your posts by selecting them, causing a spanner/screwdriver button to appear on the toolbar - press on that and you can choose whether to edit or delete the post (though I think deleting may rely on it still being the last post in the thread)

I've been having issues with it for weeks. If a new post comes in as I'm reading Tapatalk stops working!!

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

#346 OFFLINE   chodweaver

chodweaver

• Full Members
  • 1,754 posts
  • 17 thanks
  • LocationCongleton

Posted 31 July 2018 - 02:02 PM

I've been having issues with it for weeks. If a new post comes in as I'm reading Tapatalk stops working!!

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

It's certainly what at work I call 'a bit wank'. Whether I can see pics on posts is a lottery, which is annoying for the spotting and ebay tat threads, and any for sale items. And any collection thread graced with pics of stations, breakfasts, toilets etc. when I think about it. In fact on a lot of threads. And yes, it seems to lurch through phases of chronic instability.

Vicious circle for the Tapatalk developers, I'm tempted to help them make a better product by giving them some money for the full, ad-free version (I get moronic ads when viewing other fora on it) but I'm discouraged by the fact that the app's issues will probably affect the paid-for version just the same, so I put up with it.

Vomit colour Corsa 1.4 Comfort badermatic (the one constant, reliable thing in my life /Quentin)

XM 2.1 SEDTurbo (leaky driveway ornament)

Chrysler Graf Spee Limited 3.3 + LPG (suspected OMGHG, ABS, AC and driver's seat heater failures)

LT Multicruiser (guest bedroom and backup kitchen)

Mk1 MR2 (rumours of its health are lies)

(I'm sure I've forgotten at least one...)

#347 OFFLINE   5speedracer

5speedracer

• Full Members
  • 659 posts
  • 3 thanks

Posted 02 August 2018 - 06:32 AM

It's certainly what at work I call 'a bit wank'. Whether I can see pics on posts is a lottery, which is annoying for the spotting and ebay tat threads, and any for sale items. And any collection thread graced with pics of stations, breakfasts, toilets etc. when I think about it. In fact on a lot of threads. And yes, it seems to lurch through phases of chronic instability.

Vicious circle for the Tapatalk developers, I'm tempted to help them make a better product by giving them some money for the full, ad-free version (I get moronic ads when viewing other fora on it) but I'm discouraged by the fact that the app's issues will probably affect the paid-for version just the same, so I put up with it.

I used to get picture issues with Tapatalk but not so much now. The issue of AS just stopping, seemingly when a new post comes in or I open a larger topic, is VERY annoying though. The other forum I use on TT developed the same issue as AS at the same time but they've fixed it now. TT did suggest a while back it was older software between AS and TT or something along those lines.

When it works, yes it's very good for pics I find.

#348 OFFLINE   The Moog

The Moog

Licking Lichen

• Staff
  • 9,065 posts
  • 125 thanks

Posted 02 August 2018 - 07:19 AM

I didn't get any notifications for my last 4 PM's - not sure if this is related to the forum downage

EDIT - Ignore this. For some reason AS messages are now deemed spam.  

1999 - 406 2.0 hdi 90
1991 - Eunos Track beast
2003 - Getz

#349 OFFLINE   dozeydustman

dozeydustman

• Full Members
  • 1,546 posts
  • 29 thanks
  • LocationChiddesterrrrrr

Posted 07 August 2018 - 09:03 PM

Notifications are playing up, both e-mail and on-site.

3 threads I've not unfollowed I get no or very few notifications about. (Zel's Camper, eBay Tat and DW's Fox)

No e-mails for "likes" or PMs. Autoshite is not a blocked domain on my account. Haven't receive an e-mail from AS since 1st August.

Have checked the on-site settings and they are all as when I joined.

Dream shite.

Talbot Sunbeam 1.6 - Shove-it - Viva HC - Samba - Triumph Dolly - Triumph 2000 - Avenger - Pug 205 with a suitcase engine - AEC Mammoth Major - Hillman Hunter - Allegro - another Simca would be nice as well - any 80's Peugeot - Routemaster

#350 ONLINE   SiC

SiC

• Full Members
  • 8,888 posts
  • 88 thanks
  • LocationBristol

Posted 07 August 2018 - 09:04 PM

Yeah I've been missing a lot of email notifications. Both PM and thread notifications.
Oldies: 1972 Austin 1100 2dr - Project Rust bucket, 1974 MGB GT - A stereotypical classic car.
Moderns: 2008 Audi TT - Utterly boring but very compentent, 2010 Aldi A4 - Owned to placate the wife on my crap buying.

#351 OFFLINE   The Moog

The Moog

Licking Lichen

• Staff
  • 9,065 posts
  • 125 thanks

Posted 07 August 2018 - 09:17 PM

Mine ended up in spam for a bit.
1999 - 406 2.0 hdi 90
1991 - Eunos Track beast
2003 - Getz

#352 OFFLINE   catsinthewelder

catsinthewelder

• Full Members
  • 3,753 posts
  • 26 thanks
  • LocationLudlow

Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:00 AM

Why put up with Tapatalk being crap? The mobile version of the forum works well for everything apart from posting photos. If you need to post photos open the full version for a bit and realise how fat your thumbs are.
  • loserone, Skizzer and Bucketeer like this

96 Rover 214

94 Peugeot 405 Estate
93 Land Rover Discovery 200TDI

90 Dacia 1310

#353 OFFLINE   loserone

loserone

Leaf blower

• Full Members
  • 2,298 posts
  • 33 thanks
  • Locationbehind the tree

Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:16 AM

Or zoom in

405 with no head, Leaf, 206 GTI with a knackered axle, Legacy H6 Spec B.  Half a.. something. It's japanese and silver, but I don't remember it.
Moaty's cat's back, Zak.

#354 OFFLINE   Bucketeer

Bucketeer

• Full Members
  • 2,929 posts
  • 26 thanks

Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:05 PM

Why put up with Tapatalk being crap? The mobile version of the forum works well for everything apart from posting photos. If you need to post photos open the full version for a bit and realise how fat your thumbs are.

^^^^ Absolutely all of this.
  • mk2_craig likes this

#355 OFFLINE   mercrocker

mercrocker

Morris Major Elite

• Full Members
  • 7,594 posts
  • 63 thanks
  • LocationNew Forest

Posted 11 August 2018 - 07:33 AM

Has Autoshite lost its secure domain status?   Or did it never have one and I never noticed?  

1963 Morry Thou

1955 Cowley

1987 VW T25 Holdsworth

1990 190E

197? Portafold Caravan 

2000 Fiesta Zetec Ghia

#356 ONLINE   SiC

SiC

• Full Members
  • 8,888 posts
  • 88 thanks
  • LocationBristol

Posted 11 August 2018 - 08:06 AM

Has Autoshite lost its secure domain status? Or did it never have one and I never noticed?

Never had it. I've brought it up a couple of times and been told it's nearly there everytime. Last time was 28th January.

It really shouldn't be that difficult to convert to move all content over to HTTPS. Tedious yes but difficult no. There are quite a few IPS boards (software that this uses) that are there. Any image links or such like can be updated with a couple of SQL queries or even some simple scripts. Theme likewise gone through and update and hard references to HTTP in links to HTTPS. Certificate wise Let's Encrypt is free and effective.

Bit disappointing tbh. Especially as all data is being sent unencrypted in clear text. Be that forum content, private messages and password.

Thanked by 1 Member:
mercrocker

#357 OFFLINE   mercrocker

mercrocker

Morris Major Elite

• Full Members
  • 7,594 posts
  • 63 thanks
  • LocationNew Forest

Posted 11 August 2018 - 08:24 AM

Ah, thanks SiC.    I treat the entire internet as a place where I am likely to be robbed, cloned or sold for slavery anyway so it doesn't make much difference to my behaviour - I just thought summat had changed....

1963 Morry Thou

1955 Cowley

1987 VW T25 Holdsworth

1990 190E

197? Portafold Caravan 

2000 Fiesta Zetec Ghia

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users