Autoshite Help

Slartibartfast

If that's the case I are puzzled - I uploaded a pic of a ragtop bm to the Lazy spotters thread this morning from my phone via Tapatalk. I checked it in Tapatalk straight away and got the torn page symbol. Later I checked it with the browser on my phone - displayed correctly. Checked it again on Tapatalk - still just the torn page...

And now I've just checked it in Chrome on a windows machine - no pic, just an icon and a string of chars followed by .jpg. Not seen this before, but I note others have.

So much for the easy snapping of chod with my phone and uploading it with Tapatalk...

ETA I just edited the post in the browser on my phone, removing and re-adding the pic. Which of course now displays correctly in Chrome, phone browser and Tapatalk.

Thanks to SBF for understanding the whole issue and being able to explain that it is Tapatalk being shit, and how.

• 2 weeks later...

When typing a reply, in the bottom of the reply box it occasionally says "Last auto saved..." and the time.    How do you access this draft? as quite a few times in the past I have typed out a massive reply and then fucked something up and lost it all.

An extention of the previous qustion, What is the SVM?

"Between 1986 and 1990, a commando arsecrack unit was hunted down and sent to prison by a military court for a skidmark they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Glasgow Underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of misfortune. If you have antiques to move, sheep to rustle, stuff to flytip or things to deep fry, if no one else can help, and if you can find them... maybe you can hire The SVM-Team."a9f36b8e8873e2ac58d48b78026ea293.jpgcb19d87338b8454cce4c7a64f5417897.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

"Between 1986 and 1990, a commando arsecrack unit was hunted down and sent to prison by a military court for a skidmark they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Glasgow Underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of misfortune. If you have antiques to move, sheep to rustle, stuff to flytip or things to deep fry, if no one else can help, and if you can find them... maybe you can hire The SVM-Team."a9f36b8e8873e2ac58d48b78026ea293.jpgcb19d87338b8454cce4c7a64f5417897.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That Gold 740 looks the business.

Whilst I do like my 940 quite a lot I would have much preferred a 7 series TBH.

What for "you Are Not Allowed To Use That Image Extension On This Community" this mean?

Using either postimg or the onedrive make-me-a-url feature throws this message - the images show up in the preview though.

all images are .jpg and collectively are sub 5MB.

using Edge. No obvious script errors in the console relating to this.

update:

works fine using firefox dev on debian stretch. but you already knew that. right?

what would bill say?

When typing a reply, in the bottom of the reply box it occasionally says "Last auto saved..." and the time.    How do you access this draft? as quite a few times in the past I have typed out a massive reply and then fucked something up and lost it all.

Nobody?

Nobody?

Try clicking "More Reply Options".

Should then say "View Auto Saved Content (Today xx.xx)" at bottom left of typing box.

Click this and it opens a text box showing the saved content and a button saying "Restore Content". Click this to restore.

Works for me.

Several questions and hope I've found the right spot to post em. Do you like a post by clicking the tick in the top corner? How do you post photos? How do you link things off the internet into your posts? How do you change the picture ( avatar??) In the corner of your posts? A lot to learn I know but my posts are dull as fuck but fair play folk have liked a few of em and would like to return the favour! Really not computer literate so any advice at a simpletons level would be mint

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to get pics from my phone to my Volvo for sale thread, tapatalk tells me "We have a problem, sorry we have trouble to complete this request. (sic)

Then suggests I contact them to send the non-existent error log - yeah sure!

Is there an alternative application or other method like using the pics from my onedrive (which I have posted links in the forum thread but can't get my head around making the pictures actually appear on Autoshite.

Thank you kindly :)

Guest Hooli

Several questions and hope I've found the right spot to post em. Do you like a post by clicking the tick in the top corner? How do you post photos? How do you link things off the internet into your posts? How do you change the picture ( avatar??) In the corner of your posts? A lot to learn I know but my posts are dull as fuck but fair play folk have liked a few of em and would like to return the favour! Really not computer literate so any advice at a simpletons level would be mint

1st question - in tapatalk yes. On the full version there is a box marked 'like' or something equally obvious bottom right.

2 - err can't recall on tatatalk

3 - copy the URL

4 - user settings somewhere

There should be a 'Like' button at the bottom left of each post in Tapatalk. Note that the number of 'Likes' on any post never exceeds 3, irrespective of how many it has actually collected - a bug with Tapatalk apparently.

The tick at the top right toggles whether you are 'Subscribed' to that topic - if you are, you will get notifications of new posts by other users, dependent on what notification settings you have on your forum profile (which is independent of Tapatalk)

Tapatalk is a bit limited when it comes to inserting emojis into your text and uploading images - you cannot choose where the image appears in relation to your text. I do upload the odd spot with it though - it's OK for that. There's a button below the text editor for uploading direct from the camera or images from the gallery in your phone.

ETA A Tapatalk improvement is that you can now edit your posts by selecting them, causing a spanner/screwdriver button to appear on the toolbar - press on that and you can choose whether to edit or delete the post (though I think deleting may rely on it still being the last post in the thread)

I pretty much use Tapatalk for all my posting with pictures now. Yes that includes my project write ups! Otherwise I just use the mobile website as I find it easier to navigate through threads than the app.

Probably not good for my fingers keep typing on these small screens.