Ex Krujoe Pug 106 exhaust welding.

spartacus

Well, after initially replying to the ad by Krujoe for his Pug 106 diesel and saying I would step in in the unlikely event there were no other takers, I changed my mind in short order after realising that I would nearly be driving past the end of his road on a planned weekend jaunt anyway.

I primed Mrs Spart and as usual she just laughed it off​, all good there then!

Pictures recovered, so here we go.

Our adventure began on Saturday, after a steady bike ride along the local section of the Pennine way and in surrounding woods, we bundled the bikes into the stable and jumped into the camper.

I really need to get a thread up for this but it's an LDV Convoy based Devon conversion with a 2.4 Duratorq diesel.

That's oor lass in the picture but shh, don't tell, she doesn't know it!

mZLcFrt.jpg

Pictures recovered, so here we go.

Our adventure began on Saturday, after a steady bike ride along the local section of the Pennine way and in surrounding woods, we bundled the bikes into the stable and jumped into the camper.

I really need to get a thread up for this but it's an LDV Convoy based Devon conversion with a 2.4 Duratorq diesel.

That's oor lass in the picture but shh, don't tell, she doesn't know it!

mZLcFrt.jpg

10/10 would ride ATBNBE

;)

Here I am at the wheel, with a genuine 'travelling persons' piebald pony in the background, as tied up at the side of the main road!

ZJs9waX.jpg

Appleby.

My mate spent a fortnight at the side of the road once when his horse took ill. No RAC for horses.

Anyhoo, off we went, on the way to Brimham rocks for a night in the camper and climbing the next day. On the way we stopped of at Barker and Stonehouse, because that keeps Mrs Spart happy. I pulled in to the car park just add this guy got out of his Porsche, he shit himself as I reversed into the space next to him...

K0Qz1Sh.jpg

When we got to Brimham rocks this was in the car park, the name escapes me and I'm sure somebody here will educate us but from memory it was designed as a Lotus Elise competitor, using the Renault 16v engine as found in the Clio Williams, it was publicised with a one make series. Also available with a speedster screen.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong.

pszsB5u.jpg

Krujoe and his partner were really hospitable, I could have talked car all evening and I'm sure Krujoe could too, unfortunately we had to get back for work and other boring stuff.

Mrs Spart drove the 106 home and it was faultless.

It's been for a test today and failed so the next exciting* installments will involve welding, brake fixing, cleaning and a multitude of other titivation tasks.

You took an odd route to us from Skipton - That Stepwgn lives in Otterburn!

I knew the 106 would get you home to the other side of Yorkshire with no bother, using next to no fuel... I even offered it to Alex to take back to BG with the confidence it would do it.

Anyway, glad it has gone to a good home, and lovely to meet the two of you. :)

I used to love climbing at Brimham. I still have fond memories of pinging a friend out of the flake on Fag Slab and bouncing it off my belayer's head :-)

Reminds me of that joke, in Goodnight Sweetheart - the Return, when Rodders says "You could cut your mother a little slack, y'know. Or is that frownwed upon in abseiling circles?"

TS

We did Fag Slab and some of the routes around it. Then we moved on to Cubic Block, I led it, then my gf seconded it, she got to the first gear placement and shouted up, 'I've got the gear, all of it!' My placement was so poor it had all fallen out and slid down to the first placement.

It's got some good routes and boulder problems but compared to the Peaks it's really green, a lot of the routes didn't look like they'd seen a hand in a few months.

We did Fag Slab and some of the routes around it. Then we moved on to Cubic Block, I led it, then my gf seconded it, she got to the first gear placement and shouted up, 'I've got the gear, all of it!' My placement was so poor it had all fallen out and slid down to the first placement.

It's got some good routes and boulder problems but compared to the Peaks it's really green, a lot of the routes didn't look like they'd seen a hand in a few months.

I watched a mate attempting Great Western at Almscliff years ago... we took the piss out of him as all his gear started to drop out, but we all went silent when the last bit, just behind him on the high traverse, also fell out.

He survived it, thankfully :-)

Here's the 106 from Krujoe in all its glory. I MOTed it on Monday and it failed on a blowing exhaust, front brake imbalance and a smattering of welding.

In my haste when I collected the car I promised Krujoe that not only would it be rescued but I would start work within a week. Let the games begin!

Before shot...

tgmum52.jpg