Peugeot 306. Open surgery

D Spares & Tyres

Green at last

1k so not that shiny, I don't do 2k

Colour match looks to be better than the previous job I did on it a decade ago.

Its not the best repair but as I was told years ago by a frustrated employer and now friend ' it doesn't have to be good, it only has to be good enough, just get it painted'post-19511-0-46969100-1498141035_thumb.jpg

Thanks

Welding and painting outside in a heatwave hasn't been much fun but is infinitely better than trawling eBay and other places for a replacement (and what would I replace it with?). Travelling far and wide to look at badly described cars is soul destroying but fixing such a faithful yet battered car is pleasing to me, would be a waste to throw it away

Thanks

Welding and painting outside in a heatwave hasn't been much fun but is infinitely better than trawling eBay and other places for a replacement (and what would I replace it with?). Travelling far and wide to look at badly described cars is soul destroying but fixing such a faithful yet battered car is pleasing to me, would be a waste to throw it away

Agree wholeheartedly. Well fixed!

I would do the same with the Saab. Faithful old thing etc. Although seems ok at the moment.

• 1 month later...

Kin 'ell man! I'm almost seriously thinking of asking you for weldings to my crappy Sterling. Wouldn't mind getting that bloody thing back on the road. All it needs is a radiator, welding to sills and an MOT. You done an excellent job on that Peugeot.

Just don't let him near it with his small hammer...

• 2 months later...

The Peugeot has just been attacked by an old chap in a Range Rover.

There were 3 cars in a row. He hit the rear one, missed the middle one then glanced off mine.post-19511-0-67361500-1507231781_thumb.jpg

Haven't had a good look at it yet but it looks easily repairable. A £500 payout plus getting to keep the pug is what I want, I do not want it taken away just yet after all that welding I have done on it! Plus it had new bottom arms and cambelt recently.

Not looking forward to fighting their insurance though...

The Peugeot has just been attacked by an old chap in a Range Rover.

There were 3 cars in a row. He hit the rear one, missed the middle one then glanced off mine.attachicon.gifIMG_20171005_180656.jpg

Haven't had a good look at it yet but it looks easily repairable. A £500 payout plus getting to keep the pug is what I want, I do not want it taken away just yet after all that welding I have done on it! Plus it had new bottom arms and cambelt recently.

Not looking forward to fighting their insurance though...

What a pisser!