Peugeot 306. Open surgery

D Spares & Tyres

Only just been and moved it

It has smashed the other side too but it bounced off the wall so wasn't obvious earlier...

The Range Rover is still there. His son came and picked him up. He was a bit confused. Not sure if been drinking.

I know who he is, he's quite wealthy. Might ring him tomorrow and see if he want to do a deal without involving the insurance company although not sure if he is in a cell tonight. The hysterical owner of the Focus called the fuzz and two cars came out!

post-19511-0-99681900-1507234016_thumb.jpgpost-19511-0-78121800-1507234030_thumb.jpg

Sorry to see that. Fingers crossed you get at least £500 payout, and the rear beam setup isn't damaged. Definitely in the 'repair it as it's done well to get this far' camp - I'm rooting for the old girl!

What was the knob in the RR trying to do, and how inebriated was he?!

Edit: You've partly answered that in the time I was writing my post.

The Peugeot has just been attacked by an old chap in a Range Rover.

There were 3 cars in a row. He hit the rear one, missed the middle one then glanced off mine.attachicon.gifIMG_20171005_180656.jpg

Haven't had a good look at it yet but it looks easily repairable. A £500 £1000 payout plus getting to keep the pug is what I want, I do not want it taken away just yet after all that welding I have done on it! Plus it had new bottom arms and cambelt recently.

Not looking forward to fighting their insurance though...

Loss of car = £30 a day whilst they negotiate.

Value of car = Retail price.

So honestly, what would a back street dealer be asking given the recent service history, low miles and perfect bodyshell ? £800.

So the trick in my humble opinion is to demand £1000 now, cash plus remains or £800 plus £30 for every day they fail to agree plus the remains. If it takes 20 days that's £600 so once their insurer is involved keep pointing that fact out. Keep saying. The clock is ticking, I'm charging you for loss of use which will be generally accepted in the small claims court should you end up there.

You do not have to involve your insurance company at all.  (perhaps inform them that an out of court settlement has been made)

I would definitely be pushing for a strong payout, either from the blokey driver himself, or if he's not interested, deal direct with his insurer.  Definitely tell them you're claiming for loss of use, and definitely go in high.  They will push you back every step of the way, but if you keep pushing they will eventually pay out.

Just read the thread from the beginning... that welding looks very tidy indeed!  Your bodyfillah work is better than I can manage too..

He’ll likely tell you to fuck off and go through insurance if you demand a grand off him. I’d take the £500 and put a used bumper on it.

I wouldn't.  You cannot buy a decent tidy 306 for £500 any more.  You also can't hire a similar-size car for less than £30 a day to cover the use of the vehicle while it's being repaired.

Look how everyone died because of the bodged welding job you did a while ago

Oh.

(In all seriousness, what a shitter :()

When I read this thread this went through my mind. Damn shame, but I bet your welding stopped that being alot worse!

Scrap yard bumper in whatever colour you can get, handful of cable ties and spend any cash in the pub. Run pug into the ground!

O RLY.......

I can help.

I quoted this from pages back, not realisng that you'd been hit. Sorry, it was a bit inappropriate. I was also going to add that at least he didn't hit the side you've just repaired, then I saw it's bounced off the wall.

Also, to add to what others have said, you probably won't get an out of insurance deal off him now, because there are others involved who will inevitably claim. So, don't accept second best, offer wise, and certainly make sure you're not out of pocket in any way,  although I suspect you know that!!

And finally, excellent work on the welding and paint. Much envy of your skillzzzz.

See what he says ( Rangie driver) if going through insurance ( likely due to damage to his & other cars) then just deal with them direct.

Email them over before & after photos, scans of recent receipts and pics of the welding repairs etc state up front that you intend to salvage the car & repair and see what they come back with.

I got a bag for the Almera for far less damage as full & final payment  ( that was me not claiming for car hire, whiplash, nuns, kittens, and other shizzle).

More than happy with that.

I wouldn't. You cannot buy a decent tidy 306 for £500 any more. You also can't hire a similar-size car for less than £30 a day to cover the use of the vehicle while it's being repaired.

I don’t know what area you are in but £500 would corner the market in old 306s. If you had run into someone and they started making all kinds of threats of legal action and charges they’d decided the rates on you’d go through the insurers. Then they’ll offer you £150 for the car and you are no better off. They’ll not give a fuck about your welding and this that and the other, I know that sounds harsh but they want it paid out, it’s an old banger in their eyes. I’d say if he’s happy to accept at £500 you could have it fixed and be a nicker and a bit in front and you’ve got a car you know to be good back on the road.

Good on you to repairing it, the dent in the wing would pull out with a slide hammer. Find a second hand bumper and you are back on the road.

The chap agreed to pay £500 to not go through insurance but haven't received it yet...

So I looked for a bumper

But I found this complete car for £100.

Its not that bad but its a 1.6 petrol with no MoT and a totally knackered driveshaft

So I took the bumper off and painted it. It is now on the green one.

Then yesterday a friend called round asking if I had an in tank fuel pump for a 306 Hdi. I said no but I have a petrol one that may or may not fit..

Anyway he bought the complete car off me for £100. I nicked the alloys though. He is a serial hoarder and has another 306 that needs bits too although I'm sure it won't get done...post-19511-0-08722100-1507664849_thumb.jpg

Easier to get a new car than fix that, it would have eaten every penny of that £500 to get it back to how you had it, no way that beam hadn't take a knock to the bearings given the damage both sides.

Bugger.

I hadn't realised that.

Thanks for the advice, I had better weigh it in straight away then.

I thought that the rear quarter had taken the brunt of the force but what do I know.. .