A Stroke of Genius or Certain Doom Ahead?

Broadsword

• 3 weeks later...

I was aiming to take this to the south of France and Spain. For the trip to be viable though air conditioning was key. It looked like the bearing on the pulley was gone. I got a replacement air conditioning compressor for parts, which I needed because it turned out the clutch on the original had been completely ruined. Anyway there is pressure in the system so the idea was to remove the clutch and pulley with the compressor on the car and replace with the donor bits. I got as far as removing the clutch, but got stuck trying to remove the circlip which hold the pulley on. I can see the ruined bearing on the old pulley. At that point I was out of time before going away. Also I have a new belt to drive the air con and a good used tensioner.

Other bits acquired include a full service kit (Champion spark plugs, Jag oil filter, Mann air filter and fuel filter). That can be sorted by the time I get back from this trip. Overall the car still runs perfectly. Oh and a spare fuel pump. That was for the trip as a precaution.

Due to needing to move and an impending lack of parking, this will no doubt be up for sale soon. I don't have a want to sell, but the money will be needed to move so events have caught up. Not sure on the value of the thing yet. I will have another go at the air con. Of course the long MOT is a plus and it will be services and cleaned up.