A Stroke of Genius or Certain Doom Ahead?

Broadsword

Let's just hope it works out. It may well be going to the continent for a long drive. Good news is that it will just fit on the driveway. Drove up alongside in the V70 and they seem to be exactly the same length.

If the MOT is going to be a major problem then I think a roffle is the way to go. It had inner sils welded last year. It has advisories on rear suspension area surface rust so let's see. I wouldn't mind paying for a bit of welding to see this on the road for another year. I want the bonnet mascot off. Anyone know what to do with the holes left behind?

I'll report back next weekend. There will be many opprtunities for a pez shot.

Stroke of genius. You really, literally, can't go wrong with that. It's an X300, they're bomb proof. It probably won't break. Your life won't be ruined, trust me.

I paid 100 quid more for my old one, and that looked like it had been hit with a shovel, had 170k on the clock and never gave me any trouble. I loved it.

It's still in daily use with it's current owner, and he loves it.

Maybe the holes left by the bonnet mascot can be plugged with plastic bungs of some description. Not that a man can complain at this price but it would be better if it weren't long wheelbase. The amount of rear legroom is ridiculous. I have to go a long way back in my memory banks to know such luxury. Probably a Citroen CX I was in when I was 10. Slight trepidation at the thought of this being on the drive. Maybe I should take inspiration from our political leaders. It's going to be great, so great. It's going to win bigly and it will also be strong and stable.

The day is going very well indeed. Within 30 minutes of getting home from the Jag caper I put my Citroen C1 on Gumtree for £1200 ish. I just sold it for £1175. Not bad, not bad. Kind of harsh on the C1 though. It was completely reliable, £20 tax and very frugal. As a result it has been sold and replaced with something currently doing 25 mpg.