No photo spotted thread

Dave_Q

• 2 weeks later...

DVLA says registered Oct '89.

That's a launch car, as early as is possible.

On my Rover collection jaunt (mine is registered Aug '90, six months into 400 production) I spotted:

-a turquoise Favorit in Chineham Tesco car park (wonder if Bramz has papped it?) 

-a gold F-reg Audi 80

-an N plate sad face Fiesta

-a '56 Bel Air wagon - I gave it an appreciative flash and the passenger waved back!

-a white E34 in a service station on the M4.

Leaving Aldi this morning on foot I spied a giffer driven blue Citroen AX (M reg) leaving the car park.

While walking back through my estate I saw a silver P reg Rover 400 saloon. I think it's local so I'll try and get a pic of it when I next see it.

Black Rover P4 in Radford, Nottingham. Parked in a side street in one of the least salubrious parts of Nottingham (off Alfreton Road A610 for those that know it).

Only caught a fleeting glance at it as I drove past as I had a taxi wanker right up me chuff.

I have just walked back from Aldi. As I waited at the traffic light to cross the road an early 70s Cortina in a glorious shade of orange had driven past! :wub:B) Possibly a 2000 GXL. It had a vinyl roof. I wonder if any other Norfolk/Suffolk based Autoshitists might be aware of it??

Not that I could have snapped it anyway as left my phone at home. Even if I had it with me I'm pretty slow at getting it into camera mode.

• 2 weeks later...

Help. I think this lives in here, because

1. I spotted it

2. I have no photo.

But I don't know is what it is. Here's what I do know.

Red.

Rover SD1 / Ferrari Dino shaped front indicators.

Possible pop up lamps?

Front hinged bonnet as it was sat on the side of the M1

Here's the killer.. MK2 Orion rear lights.

Any ideas?

A white Zephyr Mk 3 Estate around Witley in Surrey a few times recently.

I then saw it on the TV program Money for Nothing at the recycling centre in Witley.

A pale yellow Renault Alpine A110 sometimes goes past where I work.

Help. I think this lives in here, because

1. I spotted it

2. I have no photo.

But I don't know is what it is. Here's what I do know.

Red.

Rover SD1 / Ferrari Dino shaped front indicators.

Possible pop up lamps?

Front hinged bonnet as it was sat on the side of the M1

Here's the killer.. MK2 Orion rear lights.

Any ideas?

Sounds like a Quantum or Ginetta.

I really really really wish I had a camera to hand for this one. It went right outside my house too.

Only a genuwine New York yellow cab! Not just any old yellow Crown Vic or Caprice either. It was a Checker cab!!

One of my bucket list cars, and it looked and sounded absolutely glorious.

On the scooter this morning and was following a lad on areally tidy RD400. Once in town, a couple went past the other way on a mint looking gold coloured FS1E.

Went to Willington (near Bedford) again today, this time for a model show. There's a chap in the village with an Alfa 164 that he brings to all the car shows there. Today the 164 was in its usual spot on the drive but lurking behind it was another red Alfa, this one a 75. I've never seen that before so it must be a recent arrival. That man obviously loves his Alfas, and if that wasn't enough, two doors down from Alfa man lives a pineapple-free K-reg pov-spec Polo breadvan.

Plenty of classics on the roads there and back. There must have been a Yank car do nearby as there was a Mercury of some sort with a reverse-rake rear window like a giant Ford Classic (saw this going both ways), a 40s Plymouth, a Chevy pickup and a couple of others. Oh, and a white Mk2 Zephyr too.

• 2 weeks later...