Estate(s) of the nation - Gagging to get started on Volvo 265 GLE project 😀

Heidel_Kakao

post-82-0-55157500-1514739280_thumb.jpg

post-82-0-19557900-1514739291_thumb.jpg

post-82-0-35847500-1514739304_thumb.jpg

post-82-0-44731000-1514739315_thumb.jpg

post-82-0-68596000-1514739323_thumb.jpg

post-82-0-48395400-1514739332_thumb.jpg

My brother came over today to help me wash Cedric for the first time (Facebook friends will already know but I fractured my wrist a few days ago in a moronic skateboarding accident) and remove over 2000 miles worth of road dirt. He came up ok but will be getting the full clay bar, polishing etc treatment in the near future. My old Impreza is also looking great and I love the shot of them together showing Japanese estates approx 30 years apart :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey hey, both myself and Cedric are still alive :) I succumbed to and am currently in the grips of a bout of depression. I am still fully intending to finish my collection journey write up if anyone still cares (insert self pity here) lol.

In the last few weeks stuff has still been happening, embarrassingly Cedric has not been living in the unit which you may already know if you saw a thread by bezzabsa...... Should be getting him there this weekend though fingers crossed.

post-82-0-34770800-1516749955_thumb.jpg

The dogs have been in Cedric multiple times and seem to like him as far as I can tell :)

post-82-0-99243700-1516750101_thumb.jpg

I went to Sutton Park again and parked in a huge puddle

post-82-0-10953200-1516750284_thumb.jpg

My trophy turned up in the post. Thanks to everyone that voted for me and the provider of the trophy. It is now one of my most treasured possessions and has pride of place on my mantle piece

post-82-0-37855100-1516750450_thumb.jpg

Actual photo evidence of an actual Cedric actually living on an actual UK street!!!! Shock Horror

post-82-0-52129500-1516750549_thumb.jpg

And bringing you right up to date Cedric had his first and hopefully last trip on a recovery truck in my ownership today. Nothing more serious than a fan belt deciding it no longer wanted to live in Cedric's engine bay while driving down the M5. I am virtually certain no overheating damage occurred and I could have fixed it myself and averted recovery had I been carrying a spare belt or if Halfords went back in time and became an actual motorfactors again rather than an emporium of bicycles, ICE and Ripspeed shit.

First thing recovery truck driver said to me is that going to fit. Not the first time I have received size concerns :P

Most excellent motoring accomplished fella. A fan belt is tiny in the scheme of the epic journey you've already taken in this. I suppose any length (insert your own joke here) belt will suffice (again..... here). Do you know of an equivalent that will do the job or can you get the proper belt anyway?

Not sure on the origins of the motor (may have missed it earlier) so not certain on parts availability. Is it 240Z etc.... related? (Sorry - j-tin dunderheid)

Regulars on here will know "Ole Droopy" by now but some newbies maybe haven't seen it. No Autoshite thread on estate cars is complete without a few pics.

Everytime I see these pics I have to laugh out loud.

kCEOdf7.jpg

uAtYA3V.jpg

kOMSBG1.jpg

EWLqfC3.jpg

Amazingly, DVLA MOT History for LHE 761W, green Cortina regd 31/12/81 -

"Date tested

26 May 2016

PASS

Mileage

89,732 miles

MOT test number

7597 8004 0756

Test location

unavailable until further notice

Expiry date

5 June 2017

Advisory notice item(s)

Under body covered in thick underseal

Nearside Front Tie bar/rod has slight play in a pin/bush (2.4.G.2)

Offside Front Tie bar/rod has slight play in a pin/bush (2.4.G.2)

Offside Rear Tie bar/rod has slight play in a pin/bush (2.4.G.2)

Nearside Front Inner Track rod end ball joint has slight play (2.2.B.1f)

Suspension weakened but no possibility of the body or a component fouling a road wheel (2.4.A.1b)"

Shit! I thought that Cortina had died tbh. Great to see it's actually still going!

I bet that things a nightmare for the mot tester though.

I actually spotted an X reg Cortina estate near Chichester a few days ago. No where near the condition of the green droopy one but had an old boy driving it, it was dirty and well lived in with faded red paintwork. Good to see a few still running around looking like they still work for a living.

Shit! I thought that Cortina had died tbh. Great to see it's actually still going!

I bet that things a nightmare for the mot tester though.

I actually spotted an X reg Cortina estate near Chichester a few days ago. No where near the condition of the green droopy one but had an old boy driving it, it was dirty and well lived in with faded red paintwork. Good to see a few still running around looking like they still work for a living.

Droopy is dead. Someone posted a photo of the old girl sat in a small paddock with a few other rusty ‘Tina stablemates 6+ months ago. The car had already been partly cannibalised iirc and most commenting believed the owner would never sell the remains.

Just read all 22 pages -  wow!

and a local shitter. 

yeah there are a few of us...I see the big green estate most days, was surprised to have seen it turned around...and also notice someones nicked the proton (unless i've missed roffle/swappage thread?)

I'm Pensnett, so not a million miles away from him