Estate(s) of the nation - Gagging to get started on Volvo 265 GLE project 😀

Heidel_Kakao

This is awesome! What a fantastic car that is and you have selected some great places to stay en route home with it. Top marks for the wheeze, H-K - well done! :-)

I actually selected all five nights accommodation by filtering by cheapest first with free parking on Booking.com and it just worked out this well :) Where I am staying tonight in Billund is the only place I have been before as I spent a few nights there in 2015 when touring the Lego factory with Brickset.com LUG (Lego User Group)

I feel I may be going overboard on the detail, I can dial it back if that would be better. Just at a McDonald's getting coffee and you guessed it free WiFi!

Are you kidding? This is the best thread for ages and probably ever. It’s truly epic mate and the perfect Autoshite Christmas tale. Our collective hats are off to you so as many pics and as much info as you can fit in would be just fine.

Crossed Oresund bridge :) Visited Lego store in Copenhagen and just had a proper sit down meal and am drinking a cup of tea while waiting for dessert to arrive. Then on to Billund for tonight's digs. Will expand with more detail when I get chance and need to let you know what happened last night as I hate leaving people hanging!

Crossed Oresund bridge :) Visited Lego store in Copenhagen and just had a proper sit down meal and am drinking a cup of tea while waiting for dessert to arrive. Then on to Billund for tonight's digs. Will expand with more detail when I get chance and need to let you know what happened last night as I hate leaving people hanging!

Is the story that you're now accompanied by a stripper, who you've tempted with exotic tales of the Cannock auctions?

Is the story that you're now accompanied by a stripper, who you've tempted with exotic tales of the Cannock auctions?

There is not enough space left for even a small stripper, I am worried about being to fit in the Lego I am intending to get tomorrow in Billund, I have offered to get some store exclusives for fellow Bricksetters :) A roof rack would genuinely be useful but instead of filling it with Scene Dubber crap I could have took the panels with me. Jani did jokingly mention he had a small 1970's trailer I could have used but I have never towed and the speeds I was hitting today would not have been trailer friendly!

I am going to set off for Billund now, Google maps is saying 167 miles and 2 hours 50 minutes. It will be nice to be somewhere familiar as new places are great but so is revisiting past favourites :)

In Billund now and I have the exact same room I had two years ago :) The town is all lit up for Christmas and I went past the main Lego production plant on the way in.

Going to have a refreshing shower then finish off yesterdays blow by blow account and then just be a day behind until I am home!

Proper looking estate!

I love how so many Japanese cars of that era are so much like 2/3rd scale replicas of Yank Tanks in terms of both the interior and exterior styling.

Bet it will seem a lot quicker once it's freed of all that weight.

One thing that bugs me: the indicators being inboard on the tail lights...just looks wrong!  I know it's so the running lights are at the sides, but it bugs my OCD.  Says the guy with a Lada with panel gaps you can lose a small country down...

Most excellent purchasing there H_K - dare i ask, will this be the steed of your planned Le Mans 18 tour?

Damm straight baby! Being LHD is actually a win as far as I am concerned as Cedric will be spending 50% of the time being rocked around continental Europe each year!

Don't you dare - this is the best thread in the place right now!

win_sector.jpg

Don't you dare - this is the best thread in the place right now!

win_sector.jpg

L  I  v  I  n  g      t  h  e      D  R  E  A  M

Do NOT stint on the detail

More not less!

Am liking the detail!

Datsuns, titty bars, Lego, its all good ☺

Are you kidding? This is the best thread for ages and probably ever. It’s truly epic mate and the perfect Autoshite Christmas tale. Our collective hats are off to you so as many pics and as much info as you can fit in would be just fine.

Message received and understood, detail being ramped up to levels of excruciating, this will increase post processing time and may put me further behind but a small price to pay I am sure you will agree :)

Tuesday part Deux - Enter the strippers

Ok so to recap I had just checked in to my B&B for the night and was fully intending to have a quiet night in, build some LEGO, get an early night with no booze and recharge my batteries but fate had other plans in store for me.....

post-82-0-65118700-1512616707_thumb.jpg

post-82-0-06062100-1512616745_thumb.jpg

post-82-0-81402400-1512616764_thumb.jpg

post-82-0-02515700-1512616799_thumb.jpg

My upgraded cabin rather than a bed in a hostel dorm was lovely. Keyring getting better by the day which is good as I like to have a bit of weight to my keys so it's easy to tell when you drop them etc.

Ok It's easier when doing this on a smartphone to post each chunk and edit it each time to add more, I will be buying a laptop in the New Year me thinks

post-82-0-98278000-1512617296_thumb.jpg

post-82-0-02362800-1512617319_thumb.jpg

post-82-0-87170100-1512617336_thumb.jpg

post-82-0-84322300-1512617353_thumb.jpg

post-82-0-86756400-1512617465_thumb.jpg

post-82-0-11769500-1512629539_thumb.jpg

Jackpot :) I have been having issues finding decent fuel on parts of my journey, some places only sell 95 :( Ethanol can get in the mother fucking sea and stay there as far as I am concerned, now I am in the home country of Shell ( hence why there have been so many Shell LEGO sets over the years) I will only be running on V-Power :) Only the best for Cedric :)

You still need a job to fund this shizzle unless you have a ton of savings or a recently deceased rich relative etc....

I've had negative disposable income for about four years and there's basically nothing left in the bank, so either I send my wife out on the game and my son up the chimneys, or I chuck in the towel on the mortgage which would release a load of equity to spunk on transcontinental chod-related adventures. Admittedly I have not yet obtained a view on this from the other occupants of my house.

Lucky white heather on that hubcap by the way. Interesting though to hear that repro stuff is available for cars that are so obscure and niche that I'd never heard of them before. Does the Cedric have a big following in certain countries?