Estate(s) of the nation - Gagging to get started on Volvo 265 GLE project 😀

Heidel_Kakao

Got it now! Man, I'm so uncool aren't I!? Not down wiv da kidz!

Anyway for anyone else that doesn't know...

"Twink is gay slang for a young man in his late teens to early twenties, with traits that can include attractiveness, having little or no body or facial hair, a slim to average build, or appearing to be younger than their actual age."

Cute young guy basically, thankfully a lot of them like older (34) guys so that is nice.

laid in a Mini..discovery, proton aeroback, sierra, range rover classic, allegro,pretty much any of my vehicles from 1994-2010 as me n ex wife used to christen EVERY vehicle we owned LOL

Including motorbikes...tricky and cold..also performed in rear garden and NOT on the road!! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

OI HK.. you killed the proton??? not seen it lurking for a while, and notice the XM has been swapped about too.....no movement with Cedrick, still nice to see him/her/it when i'm up that way!!

Thanks for all your well wishing messages, still depressed with virtually no motivation. A fan belt which may or not be correct came in the post, I went out to look at fitting it, decided it looked like too much effort and went back in the house. Anyone local to DY5 that does not fear fitting a fanbelt? (even writing those words makes me feel pathetic lol)

Just to clarify I got laid because of Cedric not in him, too cold for that anyway this time of year lol, not the reason I drove 2000 miles but a nice added bonus.

Ok it's list time! For when I kick my depression this is a living list in no particular order of priority of stuff I need to do, would like to do and may never do to Cedric

* Service! Considering how many miles I have done and will do this year this is much needed

* Restore side window to operating order

* Forced induction! Leaning towards supercharger for that whine :)

* Later four speed auto with lock up

* Intermittent wipers

* ICE. Bluetooth speaker ain't gonna cut it long term

* LSD. Don't tell Datman LMAO

* Headlining

* Period 14" Japanese alloys

* Rustproofing!

That's enough for now....

Ok it's list time! For when I kick my depression this is a living list in no particular order of priority of stuff I need to do, would like to do and may never do to Cedric

* Service! Considering how many miles I have done and will do this year this is much needed

* Restore side window to operating order

* Forced induction! Leaning towards supercharger for that whine :)

* Later four speed auto with lock up

* Intermittent wipers

* ICE. Bluetooth speaker ain't gonna cut it long term

* LSD. Don't tell Datman LMAO

* Headlining

* Period 14" Japanese alloys

* Rustproofing!

That's enough for now....

I hope you also have something planned to retain that thread of the year trophy  :-P

I 'enjoyed' a cheap blower whine on my Proton SAVVY for a week or so when the PAS pump failed!

Replaced under warranty... Missed the engine speed related whine.

Saddo...yuppTS

Proton has a blowing exhaust which makes it rorty :) I won't be "fixing" it until the MOT!  

I hope you also have something planned to retain that thread of the year trophy  :-P

Don't put that kind of pressure on me!!!! Just kidding and I would rather someone else win this year, no one liked it when Schumacher "hogged" all those wins  

The exHK Volvo estate has just performed faultlessly on a run from Kent up to Preston and back for my Uncle's funeral. Dipstick still on max because much gentleness of throttle and brakes due to having a green and feathered passenger in the back. Steady 70ish on motorways though.

Awesome :) glad to hear she is still providing exemplary service.

Cedric lives :) FPB7 came over yesterday and gave me a hand fitting the new fan belt

.post-82-0-65401900-1518973085_thumb.jpg

This is the setup that originally phased me with new belt in place, it's more "complex" than I had previously encountered before.

post-82-0-07426500-1518973229_thumb.jpg

Let's begin, I know it's just a fan belt change so I didn't take billions of pictures.

post-82-0-23792900-1518973294_thumb.jpg

The fan shroud is two piece so we removed the top half for access, just two 10mm bolts hold it in place.

post-82-0-00289100-1518973339_thumb.jpg

At this point there appeared to be no reason why the alternator wouldn't move so a broom was employed for leverage, turns out we had missed undoing the correct bolts. I didn't take any more pictures but we got it done shortly after.

post-82-0-17426200-1518973572_thumb.jpg

Today I finally moved Cedric to the unit, prior to the fan belt change the power steering belt squealed at low RPM high load and also around 5000RPM, this has been eliminated and running better than ever :) Another day and another Nissan dealership.

post-82-0-91525000-1518973832_thumb.jpg

One last photo of Cedric in my local area with pez XM, depressing image but it's not as big a shit hole as it looks.

post-82-0-58615200-1518973863_thumb.jpg

Now I find this cool :) FPB7 pointed it out yesterday as I honestly hadn't noticed and Jani hadn't mentioned it but Cedric has a block heater.

post-82-0-52872800-1518974168_thumb.jpg

Here is the business end of it, it's such a great nod to the car's Finnish past and once I have made up a lead to use it will be genuinely useful for warming up the block before driving off.

post-82-0-24327100-1518974213_thumb.jpg

Cedric safely in the unit, what is that car in the background though.....

post-82-0-81635200-1518974383_thumb.jpg

My Brother arrived to pick me up in his brand new company car with 2000 odd miles on the clock, quite a contrast to Cedric and Jez's Volvo 265 which was the "mystery" car in the background.

So yeah a great weekend :) Depression retreating and I am now itching to get started with intensive Cedric tinkering.

Drove past Cedric the other day, looked cool as fuck on the road.

Where's the unit?

Yeah it does look awesome, I kept looking out my window, nominally to make sure it hadn't been stolen but mainly because I still can't get enough of it.

You will see Proton in his place next time you pass. Unit is in Tamworth, so could be nearer but is otherwise perfect.

• 1 month later...