Classic car shows 2017 - Which are you planning to go to?

Matt

I'll be bringing the Royale to the Festival of the Unexceptional. It's firmly in my diary as probably my favourite one-day show. Which other events can you go to where it's exclusively interesting, rare old family cars in attendance and not yet another MGB/MX5/Morris Minor borefest.

As for others, I generally dislike car shows. I hate getting there at 9 and spending an hour looking round the cars and wanting to go home again (but I can't because my car's locked on the show field). A decent autojumble makes a big difference.

I did the Austin Counties national last weekend which was fantastic as always, and obviously Shitefest. I'll probably be at the BMC/BL day too.

Possibilities (I never pre book for shows)

Maldon Motor show (next weekend)

Castle Point transport museum show

ACCC autumn rally at Tenterden (I always go here to be fair)

Battlesbridge (end of September)

I forgot about Biggar, I don't think I've actually managed to get there before. Got any more info on the Lindean one?

Edit: Also known as the Selkirk Vintage Rally? If so that's the same day as Gartcosh Classic Car Show. Decisions decisions.

Yep, Lindean is that one on 17th September.

I'm to some military thing at the Shuttlewoth collection on Sunday.........haven't been there for years when I lived just down the road.

From memory there wasn't much there but I'm hoping it has grown a bit since then.......

I might go and have a look at the festival of the unexceptional as I have booked a place but it depends on the weather and if you have to be there early and stay late. I doubt I will do much else this year as I hate having to turn up at a set time and stay until it's all over. My favourite one after La Vie is this one in Taunton http://www.thornfalconclassics.com/event.aspx You can turn up when you like and go when you like. They also like to mix the cars up which is good as I prefer to see a rusty old allegro next to a mint Aston. I did look at the terms and conditions of one event at Eastnor castle. They expect you to pay to enter and sign away all rights to any pictures they take of you or your car. Now I wouldn't normally have a problem with this but if my face or car is going to be plastered all over their advertising I want to be asked first. Too many of these organisers are only in it for profit and want to realise that if we don't bring our old and interesting cars they don't have a show, but that is another grump.

is there anything worth a visit in the north east this Sunday ? I reckon my nephew is probably the right age to appreciate a car show

Probably looking for info on the North East of England ? But biggest show in Scotland this weekend at Glamis Castle

Unsure of FoTU this year. I reckon it's going to go too upmarket and change into a traditional show, which is a shame. 

I have been somewhat distressed to see both a TR6 and an E-Type in promotional material. First time I've actually managed to be free for it, and hoping to take the Bluebird, so I'm booked in and keeping an open mind at the moment.