Classic car shows 2017 - Which are you planning to go to?

Matt

Yes. That's my BX second from the left. The white BX next to mine is a BX16V and that will be there on Sunday as will the CX.

I thought it may be, seems like that corner of the field always has a couple of those cars every year.

Going to the Darling buds of May show near Pluckley Sunday week,that's a good 'un.

Always worth a look. Quite a good mix of ages usually.

The Oh So Retro event in September will apparently have the largest gathering of Datsuns ever seen in the UK (well, apart from the docks in the early 1980s!). It's in Margate, but I reckon I'll be making the considerable trek from Wales for that.

www.ohsoretro.co.uk

The Datsuns sound worth enduring the scene-types for. And I can park the wife in the art gallery. 

Shhhhhh don't say that! It's going to be glorious!

If I'm about, say hello. I won't be wandering far as I'm not 100% at the mo, so I'll not be that far from the car.

Weather forecast much better now! About 10% chance of falling water at 10am but pretty minimal chance for the rest of the day. Cloudy but that good because I got burnt like I was in a fire last weekend.

Weather forecast much better now! About 10% chance of falling water at 10am but pretty minimal chance for the rest of the day. Cloudy but that good because I got burnt like I was in a fire last weekend.

Good to meet you yesterday. It's always good to put faces to the names!

As usual Moffat was a fantastic show with plenty of variety. There was even an E reg Nissan Pararie on display!

Wether was dry for a change, but I was absolutely frozen through so had the heater on all the way home. Brrrrrrrr

NEC show in November or whenever it is, and the Rotary Club organised show at Renishaw Hall in June. I get a press pass and it's a good day out.

I don't do other car shows in the UK - too much MX5/MGF scrap, ST200 Mondeos with tattooed owners and receding rear arches, overpriced burgers and Wolseley 1500 driving kiddie fiddlers. Fuck that. I want to see a 512BB not a 205GTi.

I do the very occasional show abroad - Old-timer GP at the Nurburgring and this weekend I did a classic (pre 1988) BMW event in Holland.

If you have a fantastically shite car (as I do) then you have to come along to this.  Harpenden is fiercely posh, despite its proximity to Luton.

The Sierra bASe may have to make an appearance, as it's only about 20 minutes from work and on the way home.

http://www.classicsonthecommon.com/

Cranleigh Classic car and Autojumble, nr Guildford

Sunday 13th August . £5 to show the car , but covers entry fee for driver +1 passenger. Normal entry fee £8pp .

Plenty of old chod and jumble .

Went the other year and unfortunately Mike Brewer was hosting the ring , didn't totally ruin the day out though !!!

Only bother if it's got an autojumble, not that into looking at other peoples cars by the hundred, I get bored pretty quick. I like cars, bikes, aeroplanes but I don't really like going to car, bike or air shows for some reason.

Go to a couple of small local affairs (Popham), a local steam fair (Netley Marsh, Hampshire) and go to both Beaulieu autojumbles but that's it to be honest. Keep thinking of going to the one near Reading in the summer but haven't bothered yet. Hate anything to do with the NEC so not going there.

As a general rule I always think "the smaller the better."  I've been known to do school fundraisers and the like, where there might be half a dozen cars on the field.  Those tend to be pretty relaxing affairs.  I was all set for a local carnival a couple of weeks ago, but we were rained off.  That wouldn't be the first time!  Never mind, English summer....

Anybody going to Rally of the Giants? It's a proper classic American show with no PT Cruisers, Confederate flags, modern pickups or other tat. There's a few post 1980 vehicles but the emphasis is on 1930s - 1960s saloons, station wagons and coupes. There's some Mustangs, Corvettes and Muscle but it's in the minority for a change!

It's in Oxfordshire on the 9th July. Blenheim Palace I think. Eddy - if you've never been you owe it to yourself to go one day - it's a bit of a trek from Barrow!

Good to meet you yesterday. It's always good to put faces to the names!

As usual Moffat was a fantastic show with plenty of variety. There was even an E reg Nissan Pararie on display!

Wether was dry for a change, but I was absolutely frozen through so had the heater on all the way home. Brrrrrrrr

Likewise! What shows are there up your way? I haven't got any written down but there must be some.

Saturday 1st July  – Buzzing national, Wolverhampton Rugby Club

Sunday   2nd July – Gaydon, BMC show

Saturday 8th July  – Electric Railway Museum, Coventry

Sunday   9th July – Kimbolton Castle show

Saturday 15th July  – Autoshite Cannock auction

Sunday   16th July – Citroen National, Abbotts Ripton

Saturday 22nd July  – Festival of the Unexceptional, Stowe

Sunday   23rd July – Empty Diary!

Friday     28th July – Silverstone classic with BMW Club

Saturday 29th July – Silverstone classic with BMW Club

Sunday   30th July – Silverstone classic with BMW Club

Saturday 1st July  – Buzzing national, Wolverhampton Rugby Club

Sunday   2nd July – Gaydon, BMC show

Saturday 8th July  – Electric Railway Museum, Coventry

Sunday   9th July – Kimbolton Castle show

Saturday 15th July  – Autoshite Cannock auction

Sunday   16th July – Citroen National, Abbotts Ripton

Saturday 22nd July  – Festival of the Unexceptional, Stowe

Sunday   23rd July – Empty Diary!

Friday     28th July – Silverstone classic with BMW Club

Saturday 29th July – Silverstone classic with BMW Club

Sunday   30th July – Silverstone classic with BMW Club

Gah. Kimbolton.  That is literally the last Sunday I'm working ever.  Would love to have taken the Sierra bASe to that just to tease them all!  Some nice ones here, chap.

Glamis

Lindean, Selkirk

Biggar

Bo'ness hill climb

I forgot about Biggar, I don't think I've actually managed to get there before. Got any more info on the Lindean one?

Edit: Also known as the Selkirk Vintage Rally? If so that's the same day as Gartcosh Classic Car Show. Decisions decisions.

There is a charity show at Dobbies Garden centre at the Braehead complex on 23rd of July. In aid of a Glasgow M.S Charity. Being organised by a car club friend of mine. I'll be taking my GS to that. Said friend owns a few tasty classics so there will be plenty older exotica there. Go along and support this worthwhile event. Wanton plug ends!

Never been to Biggar, so I may go to that for a wee wander.

I think one of the Ford clubs have a show at the Dunfermline Bus Museum in Aug.

Linlithgow Car club have their show in the streets of Linlithgow on the last Sunday of Aug. I think I will take the GS and BX to that.

Bo'ness Hillclimb is a fantastic weekend. I'm booked into that too along with some other Citroen mentalists.

Car shows are not too bad if you ignore some of the car show mentals that ave no sense if humour!