Classic car shows 2017 - Which are you planning to go to?

Matt

With show season upon us I thought it might be a good idea to have a mega thread of all the shows shiters hope to attend this year to aid with meetups as well as to find out about shows others may not have been aware of. In my diary I've got the following shows noted:

June 18th (Sunday)

Lake District Charity Classic Vehicles Show

Grasemere Show Ground

Grasemere

LA22 9SL

10:30am to 5pm

June 25th (Sunday)

Moffat Classic Car Show

Moffat Rugby & Football Club

Moffat

DG10

July 30th (Sunday)

Crichton Festival of Transport

Dumfries & Galloway College

Bankend Road

Dumfries

DG1 4FD

August 13th (Sunday)

Dumfries Motor Show

There should be a good mix of stuff here from classics, modified moderns and apparently a stunt show.

Park Farm Showground

Dumfries

DG2 7LU

11am to 5pm

September 3rd (Sunday)

Sanquhar Classic Car Show

Quite a small show so I wouldn't travel far if I were you.

Queensberry Square

Sanquhar

DG4 6BY

small japanese car thing in gemert holland july 2nd - look on facebewk for japan classic sunday

military show at upminster 16th july

possibly lough rynn in ireland on sept 3rd but not sure

was gonna go festival of unexeptional but changed me mind

July 7,8 & 9th     Glamis Extravaganza  http://www.classicshowsuk.co.uk/classic-car-show-event-information/classic-car-show-by-date.asp?id=207

6th August         Glenisla Classic Vehicle Club BBQ  https://sites.google.com/site/glenislacvc/bbq

10th September  Farming Yesteryear Scone    https://scone-palace.co.uk/whats-on/farming-yesteryear-vintage-rally

Matt, were you at Grasmere?  I do hope you weren't caught up in that traffic going back to the M6.  Two lanes of solid traffic with no exit, from a crash almost at the motorway, all the way back to the Sizergh Castle roundabout.  I'm glad I was going the other way!

Grasmere would normally have been on my list, I've been there since 2013, but this year I was away for the weekend so didn't even book in.  I think I'm getting bored with my local show circuit, and given Huggy's fuel consumption, I'm not keen to go further afield, so perhaps a year off will do me some good.

I love cars but dislike car shows really.

No rational explanation. Just want to leave within an hour of getting there. Although I appreciate why they exist.

This for me too. I like seeing cars in the wild but all together in a field seems a bit strange.

Still going to the one in Wakefield on whatever day it is at the beginning of July.

Matt, were you at Grasmere?  I do hope you weren't caught up in that traffic going back to the M6.  Two lanes of solid traffic with no exit, from a crash almost at the motorway, all the way back to the Sizergh Castle roundabout.  I'm glad I was going the other way!

Grasmere would normally have been on my list, I've been there since 2013, but this year I was away for the weekend so didn't even book in.  I think I'm getting bored with my local show circuit, and given Huggy's fuel consumption, I'm not keen to go further afield, so perhaps a year off will do me some good.

I was there but I went out via Penrith because Scotland.

Aston-on-Clun this coming Sunday. Nice small event near Craven Arms

Got a bit put off shows last year at the National Memorial Arboretum. It was cold and wet with nothing to do. We were there at 10.00 and expected to stay til 4.00. The kids were bored, as was I so we tried to leave early. They had locked the gate and wouldn't let us leave. I said that it was a family emergency ( not really a lie )and we had to go. They asked what and I told them it was a private matter and they were breaking the law by locking the gate ( not sure if true). They begrudgingly let us out

Moffat show which is on this coming Sunday is usually worth a look. A decent mix of stuff up to some moderns. Not a field full of MG's and Stags. Plus point is that it has a fairly decent auto jumble too.

It's one of the highlights of my local shows so long as the rain stays off for a couple of days leading up to and on event day.  Apparently it has the highest turnout of Hillman Avengers of any show in the UK.

Going to Moffat this weekend with my Alpine GLS. Was down that way 2 weeks ago at Dumfries for the Scottish Morris Minor Club annual rally, it rained a lot ....

I'll keep an eye out for it.

It's one of the highlights of my local shows so long as the rain stays off for a couple of days leading up to and on event day.  Apparently it has the highest turnout of Hillman Avengers of any show in the UK.

Indeed. It can get quite muddy in there. I'm hoping to take my GS, but if the weather is dodgy I'll take the BX as getting out through the mud at finishing time can be interesting!

Indeed. It can get quite muddy in there. I'm hoping to take my GS, but if the weather is dodgy I'll take the BX as getting out through the mud at finishing time can be interesting!

Any of these yours per chance? This is from 2015

19820213579_c1fdcf3652_z.jpg

1985 Citroen CX 25 Pallas IE,  1988 Citroen BX 16RE, Citroen BX & Citroen XM V6 by MattLikesCars, on Flickr