Rover 800 Vitesse Turbot... £500 >>> First post update <<<

JayW

Plans are afoot for smol car so the Rover is now for sale (again).

It was a bargain when I bought it and remains so at £500. Apart from an expensive man with a fancy computermebob to diagnose the SRS lamp it's not cost me anything.

It IS worth more but shiters price etc. It's up for £700 everywhere else.

2 litre HP turbo, 180bhp. 46,000 miles. MOT November.

EXCELLENT mechanically, recent full service and belts, new tyres, brakes etc etc.

Resurrected after MANY years in storage.

Goes on classic insurance with minimum £1500 value (good tip there!)

Recaro interior.

Very minor niggles to sort.

Ready to go.

Check MOT history. NEW reg N77SVC.

Collect from Newquay. Can't deliver. Hospitality always free.

>>> >>> original thread <<< <<<

Following on from plans to make some life changes, one of the decisions is downgrading both the size and erm... size of my fleet.

My Jag is due to be restored when it's current MOT expires and the Rover was supposed to be its replacement, but it's just not necessary, I'll only have one immobile child by then and a sod off great motor is hugely disproportionate to my needs!

I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want, a 106 diesel (I did consider a Metro diesel but would rather go PSA for longevity). It needs to have a good MOT and not be a rotbox and would also have to be able to make its way to Cornwall as it's my busy season now and I have ZERO free time. I would MUCH prefer an early one but all considered.

Something like WilsonX2 had would be ideal!

The Rover is a good car with only very very minor issues, incredibly low mileage, full history and ready to drive away. Also goes on classic policies.

Rather than pissing about selling and buying I'd rather just do a clean straight swap. As I always say, it's not about the money or value, it's about convenience.

I'd also just sell the Rover around £550 which is what it owes me. Much like when I bought it, a massive bargain. I think its worth more but meh...

post-20179-0-61807200-1498039176_thumb.jpg

If anyone fancies paying for me to go to my holiday in Newquay next weekend fuel wise I'll happily drive a brimmed up 106 down on Friday night, find you and swap and drive a brimmed up rover back to oxfordshireshire Sunday afternoon...

If anyone fancies paying for me to go to my holiday in Newquay next weekend fuel wise I'll happily drive a brimmed up 106 down on Friday night, find you and swap and drive a brimmed up rover back to oxfordshireshire Sunday afternoon...

I'll fill the tank on a 106 no problem. Which one is this?

Edit: I may have misunderstood what you were saying there!

Ps. I'm in Newquay ;)

I'll fill the tank on a 106 no problem. Which one is this?

Edit: I may have misunderstood what you were saying there!

Ps. I'm in Newquay ;)

I would say I'd pop in but I very possibly won't be going. Amy and the kids are going Monday, but I can't get the week off work. Did have Friday off but don't now as someone got fired and I've got to cover her job. Plus we are quite skint, and it doesnt seem worth driving all the way there Friday after work for less than 48 hours before coming back Sunday, it's £50 in fuel that we just don't have.

Amy's friend and her kid are going in my place though, so not all bad. But if I can assist in relaying something down and then back up, I'm all ears!

There's a free diesel 106 further down this damn forum page!

http://autoshite.com/topic/28501-free-106-14-d-please-save-it/

So then it just needs testing and transport down to Newquay.

Yes, I know, but i believe that's already spoken for? Besides, as you say, MOT and transport... Neither of which I have time for sadly.

Convenience of a swap far outweighs the aggro of MOTs etc...

Yes, I know, but i believe that's already spoken for? Besides, as you say, MOT and transport... Neither of which I have time for sadly.

Convenience of a swap far outweighs the aggro of MOTs etc...

The steed would have to be taxed, don't mind driving it to a pre-booked mot and then getting lost though, and I can pop it on my insurance for the weekend.

The offer is there, I can collect anywhere around thame/aylesbury/wycombe/Maidenhead and bring it to Newquay, will need something to drive back in though! Can store that if it's road legal for a week or so on the road though ready for Shirley relay wherever.

Does six cylinder not fancy a rover 800? Buy a cheap 106d and job done!

Possible interest in any smol supa-frugal mota. I want something pocket sized that costs pennies to run (like a 106D) but nothing modern.

I'd still prefer the 106 but if someones got a hankering for a massive Rover...

Swop for Metro diesel?, choice of two, both 1997, one five door, other three. Three door has mot until 2nd March, five door full mot.

Both had cam belt/kit and water pumps replaced with o.e spec parts, full service and various new o.e. parts fitted. owned by me since 2010 and 2013 respectively. Mileage's between 47.000 to 62,000 ish.

Picture taken last Thursday.

If interested ask for for more pics/info.

post-17297-0-49413700-1497741966_thumb.jpg

Umm, Jay, you are aware its the PSA lump in those cars.

As you were...

Yep, fully aware. It's not the engine that's the problem, it's the Metro it's bolted to. (I have a Swiss Metro in the garage).

and they dont have the psa comedy rear axle

No, they have comedy steel* bodyshell and leaky pipes instead...

I didn't say no to a Metro though, if one could make it to my house I'd take it!