Roadtrip. Caution: Austin-engined Honda, with sunroof.

flat4alfa

• 3 weeks later...

As I feel partially responsible for this by suggesting a roffle would sell out very quickly back when it had a good amount of ticket left, I have had a look through the thread and having used the posts to the best of my ability to judge how many tickets are left and how many payments are still required. If this list is wrong I suggest quoting it and updating it to prevent it languishing on this page if the thread picks up again.

Essentially, we need eight more tickets to go and get paid for, and payments for 22 tickets which have already been taken.

1. - rantingYoof PAID
2. - fraybentos PAID
3. - pandamonium
4. - jollyfkr2
5. - 
6. - chatsharris PAID
7. - bramz7
8. - WilsonWilson
9. - Bucketeer
10. - mitsisigma01 PAID
11. -
12. - Wilko220
13. - Rave PAID
14. - RobT PAID
15. - jollyfkr2
16. - Tam
17. - tommotech PAID
18. - RobT PAID
19. - ruffgeezer PAID
20. - 
21. - blakey79
22. - Rave PAID
23. - Tam
24. -  SamR380
25. - They_all_do_that_sir
26. - fatharris PAID
27. - New POD PAID
28. - MarvinsMom PAID
29. -
30. - clayts450 PAID
31. - stillOrange PAID
32. - egg
33. - Tam
34. -
35. - jollyfkr2
36. - WilsonWilson
37. - fatharris PAID
38. - jollyfkr2
39. - clayts450 PAID
40. - rantingYoof PAID
41. -
42. - NorfolkNWeigh
43. - 23rdian PAID
44. - tommotech PAID
45. - AndyW201 PAID
46. - fatharris PAID
47. - Tickman PAID
48. - chatsharris PAID
49. - They_all_do_that_sir
50. -
51. - bramz7
52. - Brodders PAID
53. - pauldoubleyou
54. - Coprolalia
55. - Drum
56. - tommotech PAID
57. -
58. - rantingYoof PAID
59. - clayts450 PAID

I'm not sure what the car's status is; whether it's laid up awaiting collection or whether flat4alfa has done anything with it. There is now an understandably awkward position for flat4alfa where he has a car with no MOT which has been half paid for but has yet failed to reach any kind of reasonable amount considering his outlay.

Unless these tickets are refunded to each person, which would be a PITA for the OP to sort out, maybe a thread title change, PMs to those who haven't paid and an update on the situation would help get things moving? Especially as it's now post Christmas, people are probably looking to break their New Year's resolutions already by taking on more projects and are keen* to get stuck in.

FWIW, if I were to win I'd collect, send it straight in for an MOT, get it patched up, enjoy it for a few weeks and then get it roffled back on here to ensure it remains within the community. That's the plan; I'm sure the 2.0 T-series and leather interior would probably infatuate me within seconds and I'd have to somehow juggle two cars with one driveway. :-D

Back in early November the idea looked a good one.

Here we are in January and I regret the whole idea as it has dragged-on.

The roffle failed and I will be returning all payments this week.

I've got enough on plate at moment so next month I will MoT it and think again.

The thread can close

Highlights

ruffgeezer.
Sorry about the bum grapes exploding on your velour couch, I trust this is enough to cover it's replacement from the greyhound shop.

WilsonWilson.
Donation toward the testicle reduction after-surgery care costs. I hope you can lower yourself into a hot bath more comfortably in the new year chief.

New POD.
Hey twat, it's your old mate Profit of Doom (NEW). How about we head to the rovers return and play with the fruit machine?