Humber Sceptre

Guest bryer

Guest bryer

Hi out there I am looking to buy a Humber Sceptre mk3, manual gear box 1975 or 1976 model Must BE IN TOP CONDITION if anyone knows where there might be one??cheers.

Bloody hell Mein Herr, that looks worse than the 1969 Sceptre I had!  Mind, that was in 1983...

The OP is asking for 1975/6 because it's the end of the run (I presume), and I think these have the bigger bumpers too, earlier models will have the slim ones.

Aside from Seth i think theres two other people on here with 'arrow' series cars i'm sure someone had an ex show car gold humber estate and somone had a late minx saloon in red with most amazing seats of ever. I think someone else had a yellow saloon.

Could've been the same person thinking about.

Arrow series cars are wonderful things. Personal preference is for earlier cars but each to there own.

• 3 weeks later...

You shure its not a Peykan, smuggled in with a shipload of Iranian saffron for the pizzas? 

Khoda Hafez  from Love xx Joy   :-D

It's a genuine Hillman, he looked long and hard for it, it's a tidy one and he paid a lot of money for it.

He was genuinely surprised when I said 'so, where you are from, this would be a Paykan?'

He couldn't belive a guy from down the street knew what that was.

The Paykan sure has total cult status in Iran's very lively old car scene, which of course is a factor in

him choosing the Hillman as his toy.