Field of Dreams - Camping weekend 8/9/10 September - Mrs 6C has been preparing home made cider @ 7.3% for the campers/non drivers!

Six-cylinder

No photos myself but others were taken. Thanks to Chris for the hospitality. We got the alpha turning over and almost* firing on easy start. I then filled the carbs with fuel using a syringe and again, it coughed and spluttered but no joy, then the slave battery expired. The plan was then to get the triumph running and out of the way to get the 15 in to jump start the alpha. Ha! The best laid plans. Etc.

No go on the triumph. No spark so new points, condenser and plugs, three rotor arms ( don't ask!). And two distributor caps. Spark yes, fuel no. It coughed and tried valiantly on easy start (my double canister technique into both carbs seemed to work!). So remove pump and check poppet valves - seems ok. Put it back together and notice no fuel is coming from the tank hose. The reason for this is there is no sodding fuel in the tank!

Ok, put a gallon in. Nothing doing.

Remove distributor again which seems not to be locating correctly - the locking collar is bent. Fix and refit.

Starts and fires and runs like a VW beetle - lots of bangs and pops.

Eventually locate timing marks on pulley- like hyroglyphics . But then seems to be 90degrees out. Then it won't start. It's out of fuel again! It has travelled zero feet and used a gallon of petrol!

Refill and it starts well but sparks and smoke come out of the dash ( which by the way is loose and so is the ignition switch. Put out fire and start again. Fuel yes, sparks yes, compression ( tested earlier was very good) and yeah we have a very gruff sounding straight six, running an optimistic 3mpg.

I left just as the fourth rotor arm of the day was to be fitted so that the third could go back on the vitesse which got mugged on the drive.

Great fun! In the meantime the Alfa got washed and no-one died on the scooter. I also seem to have got sun burned in the five minutes the sun came out.

Beige BX camp sent there best spycopte over 

The MG Metro has been test driven by guest pilots

The LNA had a run out with a passenger for the first time.

Mrs 6C turned up and lowered the tone of our display by bringing our L322 Range Rover

I practised on my 50cc Peugeot but only Quicksilver dad was brave enough to take it for a run round the orchard as well.

The gas stove I was given at Shitefest 17 was brilliant and worked all day.

post-4787-0-97193600-1498423729_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-45232300-1498423795_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-92610000-1498423846_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-26631800-1498423861_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-47276600-1498423874_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-35386000-1498423888_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-93054500-1498423909_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-69233900-1498423926_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-89894800-1498423948_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-35065600-1498423966_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-85535400-1498423989_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-06061600-1498424005_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-52564200-1498424016_thumb.jpg

^^ pervert :lol:

sadly due to text i received on monday (so ok youre coming over when?? )after noon about the old man being in ireland ( he lives in the land of mrs_krujoe ) and me not having any free weekends avail until the end of august - had to go to ireland on the bike else chris - i culda taught you how to make it move :D

I also forgot that when I arrived Chris was breaking into his own very yellow rover. A few minutes after he succeeded the alarm went off.

The alarm went off when I added electricity!

When I bought the car the driver's door lock was damaged, but not to worry I was told it always unlocked on the remote and if not you can use the key in the passenger side. The only key does not do the door or boot locks!

Can't say I'm a huge fan of Easy Start. Find it much better just to slosh a bit of fuel directly into the carb to be honest. Looks like fun times was had though! Another time for me to regret living quite so far from EVERYWHERE.

Not so easy when the carbs are horizontal and not vertical though. After a few backfires my knuckles were getting singed!

I only have two pictures. One of the playground of rust and one from later in the evening showing the sky god's anger towards me for complaining about last week's hot spell to Rob earlier in the day.

Great pictures

Thank you everyone who attended and that made this a great day.

To me being in the field with fiends and sharing my rusty wrecks is better than any other show.

A big thank you for helping towards bringing back to life some of my “it will never get fixed” cars. The very act of helping spurs me on to buy the parts etc and will lead to MOTs.

I'd quite like to come along to a future one, though I'm not sure I like the idea of driving the puggo for 400 miles with my foot glued to the floor and the Golf just isn't in the spirit of things.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Next date Saturday 12th August – Then weekend with camping Sat/Sun 9/10 September

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finding a date for another OPEN DAY has been tricky and even Mrs 6C is booked elsewhere! I will open up Saturday 12th August and hope at least 1 or 2 people can make it. The format will be as last weekend, just look at the pictures to see what you are getting.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dollywobbler thought we should go for a September CAMPING WEEKEND so we have! The date is set Sat/Sun 9/10 September. But arrive as many days before as you like and leave when you like. Gin palace motorhomes, any motorhome, caravans, sleeping in a tent, sleeping in your car all ok here, Stay in a hotel if you like, Day visitors also good.

We have Bucketeer to thank for making this possible by agreeing to come to us in August and build a composting toilet. This makes it all work as hiring a plastic box is prohibitively expensive.

The format, what do you want from me I am providing a field with mains water and that is all you are getting, ok if the ground is dry we can get out my JCB, tractor, 2x dumpers, horticultural truck and moped!

There is the opportunity for a group to have a run out to a place of interest if somebody fancies organizing something.

Other games we can play, take apart a Range Rover, Fix all my cars, I am open to suggestions.

Put the date in your diary.

It also proved restorative in another sense, as I needed a day away from the stress of London living. I felt very relaxed amongst friends in the Field of Dreams, so thanks very much Chris!

I seem to remember this conversation along the lines of everybody saying 'Move out of London, Rob' and you agreeing!

Dates noted for diary. I volunteer to put the red carpet back in the MG Metro, it's interior is too sombre at the moment!