Field of Dreams - Camping weekend 8/9/10 September - Mrs 6C has been preparing home made cider @ 7.3% for the campers/non drivers!

Six-cylinder

The Visa dismantling took me back to my summer job working in a Herefordshire breakers. The hammer was only deployed against an already ruined front wing!

It was sad taking it apart, but at least it will help other cars live. I assume the engine (which 6cyl is selling) is destined for a 2CV as I can't imagine there are many other two-pot Visas about.

Is there any appetite for fixing a Visa 1124cc head gasket 8/9/10 September?

The Ex Hairnet/JohnK Visa 1124cc with the blow head gasket was bought by me for spares and pressure from several has stopped me cutting it up. I now have a dead Visa to deal with.

The engine has to be taken out on these cars so it is not a one hour job.

I have an engine crane and most other tools my only concern is that we will only be able to do a visual inspection of the cylinder head before putting it back as I do not really want to start the job and leave it part finished if it can be helped.

Tell me what you think, if it is a goer I will start ordering parts.

post-4787-0-88484700-1502656740_thumb.jpg

Does the engine lift out or is it better to drop it out the bottom? I have no idea to be honest, just wondering.

The biggest issue with a big job like that is discovering you need bits halfway through. I've also just remembered that a family gathering occurring that weekend, though we could possibly make the Sunday...

Does the engine lift out or is it better to drop it out the bottom? I have no idea to be honest, just wondering.

The biggest issue with a big job like that is discovering you need bits halfway through. I've also just remembered that a family gathering occurring that weekend, though we could possibly make the Sunday...

Same as an LNA

I have done one recently so I have a fair idea of what we will need and I have the LNA to borrow bits off to progress the project if needed.

post-4787-0-03883600-1502658491_thumb.jpg

Love to make it next time. The spitfire have a dent in drivers door at some point ? Looks very like one that lived locally

I bought the Spitfire from Warlingham Surrey, that owner bought it in April 2010 until April 2013 when I got it. Previous to that it looks like it lived in Orpington. 

post-4787-0-33182900-1502695790_thumb.jpg

Good to see my old Honda Vision getting (ab)used and enjoyed.

Yes thanks, it works very well now the guys have cleared out the fuel system and I have been out on it as well. I prefer the lightness compared to my Peugeot 50, but it has no grip from the tyres at all they must have age hardened! Hopefully in Sep we will have the whole field to rip across, not just a few cut paths.

post-4787-0-44647300-1502701800_thumb.jpg

6C, do you have any plans to erect any sheds or even a hard standing at the field of dreams?

Even a small concrete pad would make stuff like an engine change so much easier there

Yes we have planning for a barn/workshop, just the money!

We have a large party tent to put the Visa in if we do the Head gasket.

That interior is lovely. Those personal line interiors are popular and should go for a decent amount if in good condition.

Are those genuine Rover mats? I have been using rubber mats from a 206 for a while, but would be interested in a proper set if you were thinking about selling them.

That interior is lovely. Those personal line interiors are popular and should go for a decent amount if in good condition.

Are those genuine Rover mats? I have been using rubber mats from a 206 for a while, but would be interested in a proper set if you were thinking about selling them.

The interior is in good condition and the mats are in my running 75. If somebody wanted the whole interior then I would let the mats go with it, as my 75 has a grey interior.