Field of Dreams - Camping weekend 8/9/10 September - Mrs 6C has been preparing home made cider @ 7.3% for the campers/non drivers!

Six-cylinder

If power tools include a pressure washer and hoover and a boot full of detailing stuff I'm all ears...

Do you have one of those orbital polisher things? I keep thinking about getting one as I am too lazy to polish a car by hand (especially one as big as an XM) but I have no idea which one to get or how to use it. I would probably end up making the paint worse knowing my luck.

No I don't sadly. Would like one, and someone here offered to lend me one, but it's finding the time to use it.

Whereas I'd happily set up in a corner of the field of dreams and spend all weekend detailing something! Even by hand it'll be fine, I have a good arsenal of filler heavy polishes.

I didn't buy one with my bonus this year, if next years is half decent I will. I stocked up my kit this year, although my pressure washer hasn't got many uses left in it! That's quite cheap though

No I don't sadly. Would like one, and someone here offered to lend me one, but it's finding the time to use it.

Whereas I'd happily set up in a corner of the field of dreams and spend all weekend detailing something! Even by hand it'll be fine, I have a good arsenal of filler heavy polishes.

I didn't buy one with my bonus this year, if next years is half decent I will. I stocked up my kit this year, although my pressure washer hasn't got many uses left in it! That's quite cheap though

I have a polisher, the cost to use it is our ZX needs attention!

post-4787-0-03967100-1502973318_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-02616600-1502973354_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-05773900-1502973371_thumb.jpg

Permission to go all detailing world on it? Plus I'll probably end up zoning out a bit, and not help with other stuff... There's probably a good few hours work just getting that ready for polish, then a few hours work after polishing it...

Do you have polish too? If I get on well with it could I borrow it now and again?

Might book Friday off...

Permission to go all detailing world on it? Plus I'll probably end up zoning out a bit, and not help with other stuff... There's probably a good few hours work just getting that ready for polish, then a few hours work after polishing it...

Do you have polish too? If I get on well with it could I borrow it now and again?

Might book Friday off...

I like Mequiars products, a bit more expensive than some but not the silly prices of the premium brands in the weird polish world. I am particularly found of the Meguiars  Ultimate Compound and Ultimate liquid wax. I have some for the ZX and have been planning to do it for months.

I like Mequiars products, a bit more expensive than some but not the silly prices of the premium brands in the weird polish world. I am particularly found of the Meguiars  Ultimate Compound and Ultimate liquid wax. I have some for the ZX and have been panning to do it for months.

I have the meguiars tyre gel, but found the polish and waxes too greasy. I usually use autoglym but also have the poor boys black hole and blue paste carnuba wax.

I have found the Ultimate compound is fantastic on old flat solid paint. My MGB GT had dull patchy paint when I bought it and several times I rejuvenated it with different products but in each case the paint went dull within a few weeks. Using Meguiars products it looks a lot better and lasts several months instead of weeks. It seems to have moistened the old paint and I am hoping it will do the same for the ZX.

I'd certainly clean it, don't know how fun* the mot would be though... I presume the bloke who does six cylinders cars already has a senso of humour, maybe he could be bribed slightly...

If we collect it Friday morning, and get it back asap we would have a day of pre mot fun before giving it a go on Saturday!

Id need another shiter to help though, and don't know what the tax, test and insurance rules would be to drive it away... (could probably insure it on my multi car policy for a month though for £notalot, think it cost me £25 extra a month when I got the gooner with the xantia still there)

If you want me to wash it etc I don't mind buzzing about in it for a week or 2!

How does tax work with cars not being taxed for years? Will it still do it online? Then one of us can just send you a pic of the v5 number, then post the signed but not dated v5 up to you.

Or if the owner insists on it being signed, it has an extra owner...

Any trade plates coming in September? I certainly don't mind driving a few people over there on Friday or Saturday morning...

I like this plan!

That's the kind of thing I had in mind for the insurance, Sam; if it's going to a pre-booked test it won't need tax so that's ok.

6Cyl, if this happens, will you be able to store (or even use) the thing until I can collect at the end of September?

No problem parking it with me until the end of September, even better if it is MOT and taxed as I have my own insurance to drive it on.

Eleven pounds and ten shillings?! If you bought a Maxi you'd get that as standard :)

£15 quid fitted! - Like spending £280 now.

Having said that, it was something like £16/£17 extra in the early 1970s for the front recliner and rear seat support bar option on the Austin/Morris Mk3 1300 Countryman.

I had a ADO16 pair and bar (fished out of a scrappies in Alexandria), but I think the old man lobbed them out :( I've been tidying recently and I've only come across the number plates, the ignition cover and a couple of sliding window catches.

The hay has been baled today, I quite like the 06 plate John Deer 6920 that did the job. The baler has a home made attachment that holds a bale so they can be dropped in pairs for easy handling. I have had fun chasing the baler with the Peugeot 50. The bales are 5 foot in diameter and they look big against the moped. 

To end the day I got to take some pictures of our Citroen DS.

post-4787-0-71768600-1503951097_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-96719900-1503951120_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-14311300-1503951133_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-42784500-1503951142_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-19168500-1503951156_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-01523400-1503951169_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-87438200-1503951178_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-84583400-1503951191_thumb.jpg