Field of Dreams - Camping weekend 8/9/10 September - Mrs 6C has been preparing home made cider @ 7.3% for the campers/non drivers!

Six-cylinder

I seem to remember this conversation along the lines of everybody saying 'Move out of London, Rob' and you agreeing!

Stable jobs is all that's kept us here really. Mine looks to have an end point in the next year or so, just need to convince Mrs T it's time to go then!

I've realised what that button on Six-Cyl's Metro rear parcel shelf is for. Had a look at mine today and should have realised

post-5013-0-85859600-1498592029_thumb.jpeg

When the rear seat is folded the peg behind the button slots into the hole at the base of the seat, so the shelf remains secure

post-5013-0-33503300-1498592133_thumb.jpeg

post-5013-0-03881900-1498592176_thumb.jpeg

Nice detail in a way, but whenever I've folded the seats down I've always removed the shelf so as not to damage it. It's fine if you're taking long light loads though.

Stable jobs is all that's kept us here really. Mine looks to have an end point in the next year or so, just need to convince Mrs T it's time to go then!

Same reason we lived in Bromley. Property is cheap* in Herne Bay, Rob ;-).

Thanks Chris for opening up the field again, maybe 3rd/4th time lucky I'll make it - I'd like to take my Favorit for a proper run out, but small matter of MOT on 4th August first.

It's really appreciated on my part. My tinkering is limited to "it's already broken/ dead so I can't make it any worse" . The field of dreams is nirvana in this respect! Helping quicksilver + snr get the triumph running* is the highlight of my year. Next time I will bring up my chef's blowtorch to free off the hood mechanism.

Thinking about the triumph though, I wonder if the valve clearances are ok? It would explain why it wasn't too happy. That plus the carbs needing an overhaul. Also, is it possible that the person assembling this engine put the pulley on 90 degrees out?

Chris, have you got that bx home from risborough yet? Maybe that could be a challenge if you can blag a trailer for a weekend?

Not yet.

I need to get it running so it can be loaded onto a normal trailer. Also to get out of the garage the car needs to be able to lift and then it will have to be pushed along a short unmade lane to get to a point where a trailer can be taken.

Not yet.

I need to get it running so it can be loaded onto a normal trailer. Also to get out of the garage the car needs to be able to lift and then it will have to be pushed along a short unmade lane to get to a point where a trailer can be taken.

Sounds ideal for a 2 part fod mission then!

Please can I be a "maybe" for the 12th? All depends on how cripplingly nervous/anxious I get on the day!

I have a rudimentary grasp of mechanicals (though can work competently* under instruction), and a first class in looking at things with my hands on my hips and swearing under my breath.

Would be good to catch up with shiters I've met past, and new shiters.

Sounds like my mechanical ability! From my limited experience mr quicksilver Snr. Knows everything and will instruct.

Please can I be a "maybe" for the 12th? All depends on how cripplingly nervous/anxious I get on the day!

I have a rudimentary grasp of mechanicals (though can work competently* under instruction), and a first class in looking at things with my hands on my hips and swearing under my breath.

Would be good to catch up with shiters I've met past, and new shiters. 

Not quite sure what you are saying, but in the Field of Dreams working on cars is optional! If you prefer to sit and watch others that is just fine. I am guessing the 12th in the middle of holiday season will be low numbers and a relaxed day.

I am saying that I am unlikely to be much use at getting things running unless told exactly what to do, and that I'm also very awkward :)

If you want to try working on cars that is great if you don't then just come and chat. I think you will find the day friendly and nothing is asked or expected of you. It is a dream come true for me, I have a field and I like to share it, what you do in it is up to you.

Monsignor_Cylinder

Can I reserve a spot on the weekend of the 9th/10th Sept please? I'll probably come up for the day and would like to see about a coolant change in the Toyota when I'm there? Is the tiddly truck we played with last year now running? Was it just the magneto in the end?

I might see if I can be allowed to stay and can bring some of my homebrew and Moog and I can have a brew-off!

Monsignor_Cylinder

Can I reserve a spot on the weekend of the 9th/10th Sept please? I'll probably come up for the day and would like to see about a coolant change in the Toyota when I'm there? Is the tiddly truck we played with last year now running? Was it just the magneto in the end?

I might see if I can be allowed to stay and can bring some of my homebrew and Moog and I can have a brew-off!

Yes it was the Magneto and Quicksilver senior fixed it for me.

Yes there will be room for Toyota fixing

And beer drinking is down to you, I prefer mine with all the flavour removed, chilled to death and gassed!