Field of Dreams - Camping weekend 8/9/10 September - Mrs 6C has been preparing home made cider @ 7.3% for the campers/non drivers!

Six-cylinder

Muddy SF16 coincided with Glasto I think, so all good porta-loos in England were there I guess. The one we had was a minger.

Whoever supplied the ones at the Welshfests did a very good job, they had the cleanest, least wretchworthy shit box I have ever experienced. Can you remember who they were, Ian?

The only thing wrong with the SF16 shit box was the lack of blue chemical. None at all. Even the smallest amount does wonders for taking the smell away. The stuff we used on the megabus was a 100ml bottle to treat something like a 100L waste tank.

The other problem was the cost £90 and the other quotes I got last year were £120 and £156. 

I have not checked for this year but assuming the cost is similar, if 50 people are using/contributing  that is not a problem, but if it is only 10 then it is far too expensive.

Yeah.

My friend digs one when we have gathering on his land in Wales.

Essentially, you dig a big hole, put a structure over it with a seat and door and leave a big bin of sawdust outside it and a smaller one inside.

Peeps go in, do business, cover with sawdust.

One composting toilet served 50 people and didn't smell bad at all over 5 days.

Yeah.

My friend digs one when we have gathering on his land in Wales.

Essentially, you dig a big hole, put a structure over it with a seat and door and leave a big bin of sawdust outside it and a smaller one inside.

Peeps go in, do business, cover with sawdust.

One composting toilet served 50 people and didn't smell bad at all over 5 days.

We have a very high water table only 12 inchs or so below ground level during wet periods, how does this effect things.

How long before you have to move to a new hole?

Yes we have an operational JCB. In fact I used it to straighten the front bumper on my Citroen LNA this morning!

Simple, hire one, lay it flat in the back of the S-MX, drive to... oh. wait. ummm, never mind.

Order it from Wales, seats down in the sm-x, bring to the fod, then back into the sm... Ah, found a flaw here...

Great minds think alike!

Yes - definitely up for one or two of these, they are a great laugh. Can bring tea, coffee, crisps, biccies etc but not a toilet I'm afraid!

I want to see the GT6 move under its own power for a start, also have a go on the tractor again . What was its name?

I can build you a composting toilet if it comes to it Chris. I've got pretty adept at knocking them up.

I think composting toilet is the way forward, we just need understand what the options are for the least smelly, most durable, size, best position, best looking dunny! 

"so what did you do at the weekend Sam?"

Well I played with a job called felicity, started a car that's not run since 1994, drove an awesome (insert car here) and shat in a hole in the floor...

Is there not a pub nearby we can all go for a group dump/pint at some point? We just need to synchronize our movements.

First day Field of Dreams Open Day 2017 - Sunday 25th June.

Yes a one day event while we work out the toilet stuff for camping.

I know, short notice and subject to weather, but don't worry if you can't make this because the plan is have other open days and then a camping weekend in September.

The location is near Buckingham, for those who are coming and not been before you can pm me for the address, but I will not put it on open forum.

First day Field of Dreams Open Day 2017 - Sunday 25th June.

Yes a one day event while we work out the toilet stuff for camping.

I know, short notice and subject to weather, but don't worry if you can't make this because the plan is have other open days and then a camping weekend in September.

The location is near Buckingham, for those who are coming and not been before you can pm me for the address, but I will not put it on open forum.

posh bit

bucks

in the countreeeee

My jap bus is 4wd. So field no problem. Also very large in rear with seat pushed forward. I can fit a camping toilet I there,which I have. My bus also has curtains to provide privacy. So I am all right jack. Just need a babysitter which is the hard bit.

Surely children could be useful? Small hands can be very handy...

"so what did you do at the weekend Sam?"

Well I played with a job called felicity, started a car that's not run since 1994, drove an awesome (insert car here) and shat in a hole in the floor...

Is there not a pub nearby we can all go for a group dump/pint at some point? We just need to synchronize our movements.

I think if enough blokes hang around in a pub drinking beer for a sustained duration, it happens. Synchronised Men's shitter cycles.