Cholmondeley - Sunday 3rd September 2017

JohnK

So, after the hype of Shitefest, I'm sure plenty of us all feel a bit deflated now that it is Monday morning and we are all back at work. I know I always feel a bit glum on return after having such a good weekend.

The next thing that seems to be common in the AS calendar is the Chumley event, which this year is on Sunday 3rd September.

Are we going to do it this year?

Costs to enter are £4 per vehicle (pre 2002) which allows two adults + 2 children, with additional passengers charged at the full admission price on the day. With clubs, it has been stated they would allow a 1 in 4 ratio of cars newer than 2002 to enter at the reduced £4 rate.

Happy to organize this one if people are wanting to do it, I believe a few people have stayed at a camp site nearby on the Saturday too, if somebody still has the details for that and can send them over then I will look at coordinating that too.

1. JohnK - show & camping

As much fun as these events are, the other shite-kick could potentially come from a visit to Six-cylinder's field around the same sort of time if he is willing? Then we get to muck about with Shite as well.

(honestly, it's not that I'm just bitter after my Rover's gearbox exploded at Chumleigh last year...)

As much fun as these events are, the other shite-kick could potentially come from a visit to Six-cylinder's field around the same sort of time if he is willing? Then we get to muck about with Shite as well.

(honestly, it's not that I'm just bitter after my Rover's gearbox exploded at Chumleigh last year...)

Thanks for that Ian - It's reminded me that bringing a Rover 600 to this years event would probably be bad karma, so I will have to make sure something else is roadworthy!

I'd have to borrow a car for that, or do what Foad did with his C15 and find some Gooner2 plates pre 2002 that showed tax and test. Would be up for an autumn shitefest at Chris's though. We would probably still have a bx to play with if we could drag it over to the field

I'd have to borrow a car for that, or do what Foad did with his C15 and find some Gooner2 plates pre 2002 that showed tax and test. Would be up for an autumn shitefest at Chris's though. We would probably still have a bx to play with if we could drag it over to the field

I'm sure me and you would be able to get in with the 1-4 ratio Sam! I'm going to try for a proper one in September be it chomondely or field of dreams.

2. Conrad D. Conelrad - Show
3. davidfowler2000 - Show and Camping
4. eddyramrod and Huggy - Show only
5. RML2345 - Show and camping. 

6.Ghosty - show only

Tempted to camp if I have some reserve cash, for no reason other than it's fun. It's only an hour and a bit to Chumley from here.

I'm sure me and you would be able to get in with the 1-4 ratio Sam! I'm going to try for a proper one in September be it chomondely or field of dreams.

Once we are in, could people bring some spare old plates (the older the better) that we could fit and disguise our modern cars? I'm sure a Gooner2 on a suffix N plate will escape notice...

Once we are in, could people bring some spare old plates (the older the better) that we could fit and disguise our modern cars? I'm sure a Gooner2 on a suffix N plate will escape notice...

I have a West German plate lying around that we could stick on something, and a modern Dutch one. Pair of N plates off my dad's A4, a spare pair off the R8 that we could put on something to confuse people, and a Y plate off a 2001 Civic.

The place we've camped at the last couple years is The Shady Oak, Tarporley.

Traditionally Billy organised our show tickets and camping, but last year, I think World_of_Ceri did it. They may have more pointers if you need them, John.

6.Ghosty - show only

7. stillOrange - show 

8. KruJoe - S+C

I'm more concerned about the shady fat guy in a pug with pre 64 plates

6.Ghosty - show only

7. stillOrange - show

8. KruJoe - S+C

9. Sporty-shite show only

6.Ghosty - show only

7. stillOrange - show

8. KruJoe - S+C

10. chaseracer - deffo show, poss. camping

Happy to organize this one if people are wanting to do it, I believe a few people have stayed at a camp site nearby on the Saturday too, if somebody still has the details for that and can send them over then I will look at coordinating that too.

The place we've camped at the last couple years is The Shady Oak, Tarporley.

Traditionally Billy organised our show tickets and camping, but last year, I think World_of_Ceri did it. They may have more pointers if you need them, John.

I was waiting until after SF17 before posting about this... John's beaten me to it!

I'll ping you the details when I get a chance re:camping etc., or happy to organise again myself.

6.Ghosty - show only

7. stillOrange - show

8. KruJoe - S+C

11. worldofceri - show only

6.Ghosty - show only
7. stillOrange - show
8. KruJoe - S+C
11. worldofceri - show only

12. Cleon-Fonte - show only

I would be more than happy to open the Field of Dreams up to Autoshiters again this year. I have started a separate thread “Field of Dreams Open Days 2017”

so not to pollute this one.