2004 '04' Seat Toledo 1.8T Sport - SOLD

JohnK

Any takers for the Toledo? I was going to wash it this morning and get more photos but it's chucking it down.

Omega and Cortina will be both in for MOT next week and then I will get an advert up for them and the other 2...

I'm very tempted to have the Toledo back. Very tempted. That I have no use / space / requirement for it needn't be an issue. 

So tempted.  Difficult to make any rational justification for it though. Plus theres part of me that says 'you can never go back' - Its a bit like ex-girlfriends isn't it. You probably only go there the second time for entirely the wrong reasons.

*steps away from autoshite before he buys it back*

I'm very tempted to have the Toledo back. Very tempted. That I have no use / space / requirement for it needn't be an issue.

So tempted. Difficult to make any rational justification for it though. Plus theres part of me that says 'you can never go back' - Its a bit like ex-girlfriends isn't it. You probably only go there the second time for entirely the wrong reasons.

*steps away from autoshite before he buys it back*

You know it makes sense to purchase this fine automobile.

Mr_L, come over the hill to Malhamdale lunchtime tomorrow and you can have a ride up for it...

The next time you profess you aren't a bad influence in terms of people buying cars, you're going to get a smack in the mouth. Particularly if it involves me buying something.

However on this occasion I do advocate Joe's very kind offer.

8E0D2DC7-8563-4CFD-9931-F9A522ED166B_zps

My conversation this evening with richbraith

Ignore my typo - 'commute' should be committed

I will genuinely miss this car Joe, it will need some fettling at some point but it's a fantastic little car and if you're disappointed with it, you need to visit the Malhamdale mental asylum ...

Don't let your guard down Rob, you never know where the next honey-trap is lurking!

I've been quite good this year so far, so I've been able to rationally justify this one.

Strangely enough, part of my horn for this was inspired by having a sit in your Mk3 Astra last weekend. I thought "I just need a car this size in my life again".

You know it makes sense to purchase this fine automobile.

Thats the thing - as much as I would like it, I have absolutely no use for it and it'd end up just sat here doing not much and I can't really justify it as I just don't need it. 

If I had loads of spare cash then it could undoubtedly be in the Lobster Museum of Automotiveness but as I haven't and such a thing doesn't exist then I'm reluctantly going to have to pass! 

Its a cracking car though and cheap at that price. Hope it stays with a shite-brother, I'd like to see it again at some point!

This afternoon, something happened.

post-1381-0-49789900-1497126406_thumb.jpg

Mrs_KJ had nowt better to do, and the MX5 was begging for its first proper run out, so instead of an A-framing mission, we bezzed across The Dales and up to John's in that.

post-1381-0-36570300-1497126440_thumb.jpg

Just before we left home a parcel arrived for me, a pair of ebay-find matching trims for £12 delivered. This means I can drive around with a full set, and a spare in the boot, LIKE A BOSS. Pictured atop my "A" and towing board, John had borrowed them after Shitefest.

post-1381-0-92784400-1497126737_thumb.jpg

A couple hours later, Castle_Cleland achieved. ALL THE 1990's R BELONG 2 ME.

post-1381-0-73278000-1497126945_thumb.jpg

So, what's it like?

First impression: the super-squidgy velourious armchair is an inch or two to the right of where it should be, but I'm sure I'll get used to yet another variety of "French ergonomics". There are plenty of toys, it's almost too posh! But gladly, no ABS.

post-1381-0-26825000-1497126985_thumb.jpg

The engine is sweet enough, with that slight whine of tightness that 90's Renaults had, back in the day. But only with the windows down, it's dead quiet in the "sitting room". The clutch is slightly high, but there'll be another 10 or 20 k in it, I expect. Did someone say it was low geared? It does have some low gears, but in top, 60mph = just over 2000rpm. Which is nice. Loads more relaxed than the MX5, or the R8 216, which was spinning a frantic 3k at 60.

post-1381-0-55137800-1497127857_thumb.jpg

There are quirks, such as daft triangular sun visors, but I'm well pleased with it, thanks John! At 53,000, I think it's the lowest miles motor I've ever had, and it'd pass for a five or ten year old car.

I'm glad it's not an absolute minter, I'd be scared of using it, but it is very nice. Maybe better than I deserve. Let's get some Dales muck on it, and think about it again...

Ha ha yes, I noticed that. 

I'd rather a "reluctant" rear wiper, than one that is either on or off (as the 106 and PW), so I can live with it. But I'll find a longer blade for it, as it is, it only sweeps a narrow stripe of the big rear screen.

D530C237-4F5C-4F86-BC16-1EBDC281C888_zps

(John's pic, showing absent trim.)

It looks like the arm is about a foot too long. Something to investigate.

As for whether I'm a "good owner", time will tell. I am very mechanically sympathetic, but my motors do get well used. It didn't end well for my 216 daily... :D Didn't put John off buying it though!

Be careful...I wrote my Brooklands Green Biarritz off in 2001 in a scary pensioner piloted Bedford Rascal interface.  Speed was not a factor.

19 is the best small hatchback of the last 30 years, which is why I bought another.  Oh so comfy.

• 1 month later...