Lakeland meet, July 16th, courtesy of JohnF

eddyramrod

It seems such a long time since April 2013, when we had our first Shitey Sunday up here on the edge of the Lakes.  Given that there's a post-Shitefest appetite for more, how about we do it all again on a Sunday in the near future?

Sunday July 2nd, say?

We can do just what we did before, which was: assemble at the Chill'n'Grill cafe on the coast road at Bardsea, Ulverston, for coffee and bacon butties, followed by a Shite convoy to the Lakeland Motor Museum which many of you will have passed on the way in, for a nose around the stock and so forth.

This time, of course, we will be dead easy to find as there's going to be a bloody big brown Cadillac parked outside!

Who's up for it?

not sure Eddy,

still on for the dales and lakes historic vehicles day on  sun 13th AUGUST?

Saab MOT is due around then, not sure at all what it will need, but am hoping the new battery I'm fitting tomorrow will sort out some of the rough running been experiencing recently, I do love a brand new battery, and brand new tyres, almost fetish-like pleasure seeing the change in performance can often be remarkable :)

still on for the dales and lakes historic vehicles day on  sun 13th AUGUST?

I haven't actually sent in my entry yet, but pretty sure I will for this one.  I haven't sent in ANY show entries yet for this year.  Mojo down?  I'm the living embodiment at the moment...

9th is fine. First weekend in July is the only time in the entire year I'm indisposed, and I'd hate to miss an Autoshite event for it (sorry if that's a PITA for some, if there's overwhelming demand for 2/7 then I'll let it be with a heavy heart, then wander off to get pissed for free in a big tent with a load of posh strangers).

The R8 isn't the best handling thing in the world but I'm getting the hang of chucking it about, especially now the tyres are bedded in (let's not talk about the brakes), so the scenic route through the Lakes sounds grand.

I might add, I now have posession of a certain something that might make my presence at AS events pretty much mandatory...

Don't think I can make 2nd July, bugger.

Although it will save me the indignity I had last time with my FTP on Hard Knott

Edit: Just seen the date change to the 9th - put me as a "maybe" (I don't currently have any chod, so will either be in a Disco 2 or a Scooby Outback)

Meh! Got home yesterday after 5 days pootling about dems Lakes :)

Stood in awe, in Keswick, looking at a gazebo 15' up a tree (by the river) and educated the rugrat about 'the GR8 Flood'@Cockermouth and [therefore] how deep the water was at this point... oof!!

Sunny 24/7... A first :)

TS

Meh! Got home yesterday after 5 days pootling about dems Lakes :)

Stood in awe, in Keswick, looking at a gazebo 15' up a tree (by the river) and educated the rugrat about 'the GR8 Flood'@Cockermouth and [therefore] how deep the water was at this point... oof!!

Sunny 24/7... A first :)

TS

Why didn't you say something ya daft bugger!  We could have had a mini-AS meet.  In fact if you had been at the Motor Museum on Saturday you could have sat in Huggy!

I'll definitely* be at this.

*if I'm in the county!

I hadn't moved across yet when the last one happened, so that was my excuse for missing out.

Might even fit in a tip run on the same run out!

If anyone is coming who might need anything off an early V70, do shout up...

Would you have understood it if he had said something??

I speak Hairnet, so I reckon my chances are better than even ;)

Which date am I supposed to book off? 9th or 2nd?

Eddy could you possibly put the right date into the title?

Done, and it's the 9th.  Any chance of beige BX?

Looking at the pics of the scenic drive from last time, which I didn't do on account of care/doggy duties, I'm thinking we might be best to incorporate that and make the Museum the finishing and optional element.  I'm proposing 11am meet at Bardsea, which should see us on the move around 12-ish.  Also it means people coming from further away don't have to get out of bed quite as early as they might!