Lakeland meet, July 16th, courtesy of JohnF

eddyramrod

• 2 weeks later...

Really?

IMO this is precisely the time to have events, where shiters can meet up & remind ourselves how much we all have in common. Anyone that has sand in their ladyboxes over recent events isn't likely to turn up anyway, so why spoil things for the rest of us?

Shitefest didn't suffer at all from any of the online unpleasantness, quite the opposite... everyone I spoke to agreed that it was an ace event.

Really?

IMO this is precisely the time to have events, where shiters can meet up & remind ourselves how much we all have in common. Anyone that has sand in their ladyboxes over recent events isn't likely to turn up anyway, so why spoil things for the rest of us?

Shitefest didn't suffer at all from any of the online unpleasantness, quite the opposite... everyone I spoke to agreed that it was an ace event.

This x 100. Seems a shame to cancel a good event :(

OK... Eddy's not in a position to commit to coming to the event at the moment, so I've suggested to KruJoe that he & I share any organisation that's necessary on a pro tem basis.

This would allow Eddy to jump back into the driving seat if he changes his mind over the next couple of weeks :-)

So assuming Joe is OK with this, the event is back on.

(and I have three weeks to recommission my Calibra, which has been off the road for the last 3 years...)

OK folks, Joe has confirmed that he's up for this event, so it's definitely back on. Here are some details:

The date is Sunday 9th July.

Meeting point is the Lakeland Motor Museum (https://www.lakelandmotormuseum.co.uk/)... folks coming from the north / south, turn off the M6 at Junction 36 and follow the A590 (towards Barrow) all the way to the museum. 

Suggested itinerary - please let me know if a later start is preferred:

11am

Meet up in the museum car park, visit museum, natter about old cars, admire each other's chod, eat chips, etc.

Approx 2pm

Reassemble in the car park, drive-out on selected Lake District roads led by Joe_Cleland.

The route is TBC but may include the Hardknott Pass, one of the steepest and twistiest roads in England with a maximum gradient of 1 in 3. Although there is at least one Harley Davidson rally on in the Lakes that weekend and they are planning to do ride-outs up & down the Hardknott pass, so if it's too busy there we might have to give it a swerve.

Please add your name to the list of attendees below if you're coming, it might be possible to get us a group discount for entry to the museum. And add your vehicle so we know who to look out for in the car park... if someone is attending that has the Autoshite banner (Ghosty?) we'll aim to display it in a prominent place. Failing that we'll come up with another amusing* idea to make it easier for you to find us :-)

Definites:

John F (V6 Calibra)

Maybes:

Cheers for taking the lead on this, John.

I don't claim to be an expert on routes in The Lakes, but I'm sure we'll work something out. :) Should be a grand day out.

Definites: 

John F (V6 Calibra)

Ghosty (216) 

KruJoe (MX5)

Maybes:

The Moog (Puma or Vel Satis)

Guest Hooli

Definites: 

John F (V6 Calibra)
Ghosty (216) 
KruJoe (MX5)

Maybes:

Cleon-Fonte (in something or other)

Hooli + Lucky, Saab 9-5 (ex-SiC)

Oh what a bugger, that's the first day of my holidays and I have plans I can't get out of, else I'd have loved to do this!  Family in that area so could have seen them as well.

I don't know about any unpleasantness, but that's unfortunate.  I hope you all have a lovely day out.

Definites: 

John F (V6 Calibra)

Ghosty (216) 

KruJoe (MX5)

Maybes:

Richard, boring old Volvo 850 or possibly poor man's Vectra.

MarvinsMom & Kerry (Mini, i think the Metro will still be broken..... :-()

Definites: 

John F (V6 Calibra)

Ghosty (216) 

KruJoe (MX5)

Maybes:

MarvinsMom & Kerry (Mini, i think the Metro will still be broken.....  :-()

Foad - Something that runs...

Date has been noted, weekend is currently free and I've not been since I was about 10, so..

Definites: 

John F (V6 Calibra)
Ghosty (216) 
KruJoe (MX5)

Maybes:

MarvinsMom & Kerry (Mini, i think the Metro will still be broken.....  :-()

DavidFowler2000

Loserone - (405 or LS400)

Date has been noted, weekend is currently free and I've not been since I was about 10, so..

Definites:

John F (V6 Calibra)

Ghosty (216)

KruJoe (MX5)

Maybes:

MarvinsMom & Kerry (Mini, i think the Metro will still be broken..... :-()

DavidFowler2000

Loserone - (405 or LS400)

RML2345 - Another boring 850 if I can make it.