Possibly for sale.. Though sadly

Bobthebeard

Am unsure about this, but needs must.

Any interest in the MG ZT?

Loads done and a lot spent. Timing belts done, rear suspension arms replaced, new rear springs etc etc. All new tyres (Hankook Ventus V12)

A shit load of work done and a great car.

Downside is it is a Cat D. Before my tenure. A rear shunt but all repaired invisibly.

A cracking car, but value unknown. It is a 2.5 V6 .

post-5532-0-80834300-1496227147_thumb.pngpost-5532-0-12284800-1496227244_thumb.jpegpost-5532-0-87143700-1496227339_thumb.jpeg

Back for sale. It rarely gets used now.....

Sorry I don't have any better photos as yet. The car is up at our caravan in Scotland. Will get some more pics at the weekend.

As mentioned.

All new brake discs, pads and tyres (Hankook Ventus V12) plus rear suspension replaced. Timing belts, water pump etc done last summer.

Been declared Cat d several years ago but I have no real idea why. Rear end bump I suspect owing to a replacement boot lid.

Build data for your ZT.

260516 off_assembly_date Wednesday, 19th June 2002 @ 08:06:01 model ZT variant 160 (V6) num_doors 4 paint_code HPD brochure_model_desc ZT M1 Saloon 2.5 KV6(160) sales_model_derivative RNZLE sales_model_derivative_desc MG ZT + 160 (2.5) sequence_number 6859 spec_code L01B home_export HOME cicode E7169 country GREAT BRITAIN exterior_paint Le Mans green interior_trim Ash/Red/Green - Green Insert engine 2500 NA 160Bhp trimlevel TL 5.1 (M1) bodytype ZT manual_auto M hand_of_drive RHD model_year 2001 sold_date 2002-06-01 00:00:00 registering_cicode E7169 n09_feature N09A General Information

• This vehicle was the 4,947th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
  • This vehicle was the 1,621st ZT 160 (V6) to be made out of 2,117
  • This vehicle was the 218th ZT in Le Mans green (code: HPD) to be made out of 813 Le Mans green ZTs
Also born on this day...
  • 93 75s
  • 86 75 Tourers
  • 68 MG TFs
  • 177 ZRs
  • 50 ZSs
  • 36 ZTs
  • 11 ZT-Ts

HONEY.

Funnily enough, I've got a (ok, 4) searches saved looking for exactly this spec.

I'm still smarting from having missed out on this one a few weeks back, and have kept up the hunt.

I also 'won' this one more recently, but that fell through when the seller told me he'd already sold it. Uh-huh.

Anyway, all this is preamble - I'm interested, but like everyone else could do with a steer on price. I appreciate the bids I put in on those won't necessarily inspire confidence, but I am prepared to stump up for a good one.

Is it the 160 or 190 V6? Is it wearing black wheels now?

HONEY.

Funnily enough, I've got a (ok, 4) searches saved looking for exactly this spec.

I'm still smarting from having missed out on this one a few weeks back, and have kept up the hunt.

I also 'won' this one more recently, but that fell through when the seller told me he'd already sold it. Uh-huh.

Anyway, all this is preamble - I'm interested, but like everyone else could do with a steer on price. I appreciate the bids I put in on those won't necessarily inspire confidence, but I am prepared to stump up for a good one.

Is it the 160 or 190 V6? Is it wearing black wheels now?

It's the 160 V6. Wearing black wheels. The wheels were home sprayed black last year. Seem and look fine, but not powder coated so durability not guaranteed. Home brewed stainless steel exhaust with a cherry bomb rear box. And it sounds fantastic.

££££s spent, but not perfect. I love it TBH, but it gets little use. Am hoping to get £1300 for it, but hey ho.

The VIS stuff in the intake manifold seems to work fine, but is a bit rattly after startup at times. It always goes quiet when warm. Apparently some do that so I am told.

Dunno about the remap, but the VIS motors are working. Circa 3500 rpm and the exhaust note changes and it goes very well!

Plus the sound.... Oh, the sound of that V6 on that exhaust.. Yummy.

It has a great sound system with a 6 cd changer, but I never use it. The exhaust sound is the only music I need!

You'll know if the VIS motors are working.  Up towards 3,500 RPM it hitches up it's frock and starts running.

These are simple enough to remap to the full fat 190BHP amirite?  

I'm reasonably certain they have different gearing, as well as a different cam and air intake, so it's not just a straight remap difference - but also, so many years down the line, what's 30bhp between friends eh?

I'm reasonably certain they have different gearing, as well as a different cam and air intake, so it's not just a straight remap difference - but also, so many years down the line, what's 30bhp between friends eh?

They do have different cams, bigger airbox and larger exhaust too.

Build data for your ZT.

260516 off_assembly_date Wednesday, 19th June 2002 @ 08:06:01 model ZT variant 160 (V6) num_doors 4 paint_code HPD brochure_model_desc ZT M1 Saloon 2.5 KV6(160) sales_model_derivative RNZLE sales_model_derivative_desc MG ZT + 160 (2.5) sequence_number 6859 spec_code L01B home_export HOME cicode E7169 country GREAT BRITAIN exterior_paint Le Mans green interior_trim Ash/Red/Green - Green Insert engine 2500 NA 160Bhp trimlevel TL 5.1 (M1) bodytype ZT manual_auto M hand_of_drive RHD model_year 2001 sold_date 2002-06-01 00:00:00 registering_cicode E7169 n09_feature N09A General Information

• This vehicle was the 4,947th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
  • This vehicle was the 1,621st ZT 160 (V6) to be made out of 2,117
  • This vehicle was the 218th ZT in Le Mans green (code: HPD) to be made out of 813 Le Mans green ZTs
Also born on this day...

• 93 75s
  • 86 75 Tourers
  • 68 MG TFs
  • 177 ZRs
  • 50 ZSs
  • 36 ZTs
  • 11 ZT-Ts

When you look at those figures, its hard to comprehend how it could implode within a couple of years.. *sigh*