The Epic Austrian owned R16 from Germany doing French things in a Parallel Universe near England Saga

Junkman

You should buy a Rover P6.

A Rover P6 V8 burns a lot less petrol, since it's sitting around waiting for something to be fixed most of the time.

what else are you supposed to do on a Sunday morning?

In case you own a Rover P6 V8, fix it.

In case you own a French car, sleep off your Saturday evening inebriation.

• 2 weeks later...

Right.

42652697131_dc5fa2c9eb_k.jpg

One component came from Germany, one from Heathrow, two from Spain, one from Sweden.

I'm exhausted. Sadly the R16 still isn't.

Remember those stories about the East Germans, having to wait for 18 years to get a new car?

Well, we will soon have to wait for 18 years to get an appointment at a garage.

Fucking commies. Everywhere.

Fit it yourself.

Think of all the fun* you can have wrestling with rusted fixings and odd shaped pipes whilst laying on your back,eyes and hair full of grit and rust.Car teetering on axle stands and every single fucking thing is in your way.

Oh yes,such fun*

I've given up DIY exhaust replacement. It's always without exception a complete and utter disaster.

The last one, laying in the snow with an angle grinder inches from my face because stupid rusted bolts still haunts me.

It amazes me the exhaust can be literally falling to pieces but remain fused to the underside of the car. All of it happily rusts and flakes off bar the bits that bolt to other bits. Bastard.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

You know your points are shit when there is nothing on one side and a crater on the other.

42851970532_ea51f072be_b.jpg

You know your rotor button is shit when it's wearing thin.

29027800908_eb7c8a3580_b.jpg

You know your dizzy cap is shit when there is almost no coal left.

42900190011_768801ae05_b.jpg

You know your HT leads are shit when they are made from this newfangled silicone shit.

And you know when your ignition shit is shit, your entire car is shit.

So I made a nice new set of new HT leads (only copper is proper), put in a new dizzy cap and rotor, a new point set and managed to get the firing order wrong twice.

It's running a lot better now and I bet the guy next to me can hear it in his boom box. I'm now awaiting delivery of a new strobe light, so I can adjust the timing.