There has been a slight semi-FTP, which means a trip had been abandoned after a few miles and the car returned to home,
due to a non op heater in conjunction with the generic 'quelque chose est baisée' light illuminating.
Investigation revealed a heater pipe split at a jubilee clip, which has allowed coolant to escape in small quantities over
probably a lenghty period.
Although this would normally be a five minute repair by cutting off a few millimetres of the pipe and reattaching it, I decided
to do another flush of the cooling system due to still extensive silt deposit in the gherkins glass.
This time, I also took the radiator out, flushed it thoroughly, then filled it with boiling water and poured some caustic soda
into it, which yielded delightfully spectacular results and a lot more bog coming out.
Removal of the radiator requires removal of the electric fan first, then it's held in with two very prominently visible bolts.
However, reaching said bolts with tools is a different story altogether. One is right underneath a welded in bracket the
spare wheel rests on, so you can only turn it about 7°4'14" at a time, no mean feat considering the bolt is over two inches long.
Needless to say that the captive nuts those bolts bolt into aren't that captive anymore.
Anyway, all went back together, the split hose shortened appropriately, the cooling system filled with a healthy dose of antifreeze,
and the fascinating ritual of bleeding wizardry commenced.
However, the electric fan refused to do its fanning work (it should come on and go off twice as part of the bleeding ceremony).
A quick investigation revealed that one of the wires had come undone at the relay thanks to a hilariously lose pushfit connector.
Apparently all* is well** now.