The Epic Austrian owned R16 from Germany doing French things in a Parallel Universe near England Saga

Junkman

There are plenty of wings around but they will be used and you have to go and fetch them unless you can get some sort of shitters pony express going.

These are in the North so not a million miles from Calais https://www.leboncoin.fr/equipement_auto/1067320456.htm?ca=7_s some more in Calvados but listed as a TX so might be different https://www.leboncoin.fr/equipement_auto/1035639596.htm?ca=7_s bent but solid one near Rouen https://www.leboncoin.fr/equipement_auto/740691594.htm?ca=7_s  An other pair near Switzerland. I might be able to bring some back but I am taking my Porsche with a boot rack so would need to know what size they are. I know I can get a 204 rear wing on there https://www.leboncoin.fr/equipement_auto/887393685.htm?ca=7_s

The GGG will be Franceward soon to retrieve a velours settee and bring it to the correct shores.

Leboncoin is all nice and well, but I haven't managed to buy anything off it yet due to seller nonresponse.

You may remember the fully fledged disaster we experienced in .fr in February due to living in the illusion

Leboncoin is a French selling platform.

I think there are a few people on here who can speak French well enough to contact the sellers if you really really want something it would be worth asking. I got really lucky with the wings for my 204 as the seller spoke perfect English and even delivered them to me whilst I was at Le Mans. It can be hard work but I have met some lovely people through buying stuff off Leboncoin. The reply rate was well down this year though when looking for mopeds and one seller who did reply was very unhelpful. It's worth trying as the worst that can happen is they don't reply and if they do but get cagey with answers about rust best to leave alone. One chap I bought from last year even made us lunch and arranged for some other parts I was after to be delivered to him for me to pick up. I have found more decent sellers in France than bad ones I think you jwere just unlucky with the Renner 4.

The anti roll bar bushes the car needs for its MOT are still, a week later, enjoying their DHL sponsored tour of Germany. 

The last entry on the tracker (precision timestamped "8:16 a.m./p.m") states that the bushes have returned to Cologne (having been taken to Hagen for a day trip) but will soon be leaving the country. They will be handed over to Parcel Force, on whose website I can track any further progress. 

Parcel Force's tracker says a tracking number may be "9, 11, 13, 14, 16 or 21 characters". Ours is 12. And doesn't work. 

I haven't bought a magazine in ages, so as I was in Easons, I thought I buy one.

When I got home, I had an accident:

I tripped over something near the scanner and the lid was already open. The first page inside the cover co-incidentally landed upright on the glass and the hand I put out to catch myself somehow caught the scan button. After all that, my mouse finger also slipped a few times and managed to post this:

post-19900-0-02798300-1498320729_thumb.jpeg

I seriously considered this Copart one, but Copart demanding me to surrender a sizeable stash of wad

and revealing the blood group and religious and political affiliation of my children and anyone else

I ever met in life, plus demanding me to send them one of my cut off ears in a brown envelope just to

enable me to bid on it pretty much nixed that deal.

That and that I would have had to import it from Volvoshire. Germany is just so much closer.

I may or may not reveal at this stage, that I got or didn't get mine for €2,500.00 or not.

In further news, I ran the purchase by Junkfather, veteran of at lest 8 of them, all bought new.

In fact, he stresses that he got the second one ever delivered in Federal Germany outside the Saarland,

where they were available at the same time they became available in France.

He also stresses, that he signed the first order and got the second one only because Renault Germany

decided to deliver the first one to Heinrich Böll (one of Germany's foremost post-World War II writers)

for publicity reasons.

I told him mine is one of the really early ones, with the 54 PS engine and all.

He said:

My son, you bought the wrong one.

Flog it and get yourself a TX.

Or a Caprice.

Right.

The NOVA certificate arrived today, only took 3 1/2 weeks.

Now it's filling in the V55/5 (registration of a used vehicle). Sadly I was unaware that this has to be sent out by the DVLA,

due to containing stuff that can't be printed on a home printer. So this will allegedly take another 7-10 days to arrive.

After filling out this form, for which an entire filling out guide exists, hence I fear the worst, I have to either send it off or

hand it in at my local DVLA, together with some photo ID, proof of residence not older than 3 Months, since paying my

£1,600 council tax bill could be a deception, proof of insurance and weirdly proof of tax, which is impossible, since you

can't tax a car that isn't registered.

Guilty until proven slave.

V55/5 is fairly straightforward. I sent mine on a monday and I had the new V5 by the wednesday of the next week. They did the MOT on the Isle of Man registration and I insured it on the chassis number. I didn't need a NOVA as it's IOM (although I included a copy of the relevant exemption, so they didn't get arsey)...

Maurice Roddy wins Car of the Show at the Irish Classic & Vintage Motor Show, Terenure (2nd July 2017) with his Renault 16 with floor

https://www.facebook.com/IrishClassicAndVintageMotorShow/posts/1535328673209268

Nice imported TX. Mr Roddy is one half of Rice & Roddy Motors in Dundalk, but stopped being a Renault dealer in 2010 because Renault. They then became Opel dealers and are now Kia.

I hope it is understood that my R16 isn't a show winner and hopefully never will be.

I fucking hate car shows with a passion!

I'd be utterly glad to fill out a V55/5. If I had one, that is.

Sadly British authorities work at the same pace the English drive cars.

It's fucking pathetic.

At least one island out there in the North Atlantic needs a serious kick in the dillywong area.

Or even better, Austrian leadership.

Whichever comes first...

I hope it is understood that my R16 isn't a show winner and hopefully never will be.

I fucking hate car shows with a passion!

I don't hate them, I don't usually go to them, because WORK or RAIN.....Mrs Honda mentioned it because Faceache.

Apparently got best '70s car too.

I don't know how they rate them. I would of downrated it on the basis crap plates.

I did see some years ago a nice R12 with nice plates:

4760384625_fe91d6840e_z.jpg

Renault 12 automatic - 2 by E Honda, on Flickr

I don't know how they rate them. I would of downrated it on the basis crap plates.

Those plates are truly terrible. How out of touch with the period are they in Ireland?

When it comes to "show judging", I find the American system the only one acceptable,

since it completely eliminates personal opinions.