Sloth in a bowl's stable - Megane new rear disks

Sloth in a bowl

I was showing Dave, (whom has bought the Puma off me,) the Megane and its silly boot.

Close boot, close doors, plip car locked, 15 seconds later, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, oh dear.

Alarm triggered by something, soft battery?

Get out the multi-meter thing and look at the battery, 12.82 that's good, 12.81, oh, 12.80, something is draining the battery.

What had I touched? the boot.

So based on previous experience with a Laguna, does the boot light go out?

Open boot, boot light on

press boot light off plunger, boot light still on

drop rear seats and close boot, boot light still on

Remove bulb from the boot light, plip lock car

Blessed silence.

Also got wipers working occasionally, but looks like I need to take them apart and clean the rotating contacts up.

They stick in various places on a regular basis.

This maybe a job to do during shitefest, so that lots of helpers* can point out what I am doing wrong.

More pictures of Megane due when it stops raining.

It's still being French, I think that the boot close position plunger is intermittent in effect so the alarm thinks that the car has been left open hence BEEEEEP and so did the boot light.

Wiring investigations will take place in a field of dreams.

Have a picture download

Pretty, love the side view of these

post-17488-0-35371100-1496165630_thumb.jpg

Back, not so good

post-17488-0-20821500-1496165642_thumb.jpg

Rear 3/4 view gets better again

post-17488-0-19246100-1496165654_thumb.jpg

Boot, rubbish

post-17488-0-69198800-1496165665_thumb.jpg

Dash, meh

post-17488-0-07539800-1496165677_thumb.jpg

Seating position, comfy, but I would love to pull the wheel an inch or two towards me

post-17488-0-92274800-1496165688_thumb.jpg

The front seats are ok, and nicely soft, but the support behind the shoulders is a bit to low for me and I'm only 5' 10"

post-17488-0-76929900-1496165700_thumb.jpg

Rear seats, no use for anything

post-17488-0-78361000-1496165712_thumb.jpg

Overall where the Puma felt like a little hoon it sports car to drive, this feels like a little cruise it GT, everything is a bit softer and more relaxed than you expect.

I'm still not sure if this is a long term keeper or not.

• 4 months later...

Sloth's Stable has acquired a new stall.

I took 4 loads of shit to the tip on Sunday afternoon to clear it out but the results are encouraging.

post-17488-0-96472500-1508250100_thumb.jpg

The garage is actually owned by the current owner of an old friend. Which is a godsend as renting garages in Birmingham is a right hassle.

post-17488-0-91648100-1508250111_thumb.jpg

Planning is underway to fill the garage.

Also the Megane is undergoing its MOT this afternoon, fingers are crossed.

Megane looks good, not tried one of those properly.

You're lucky with that garage, renting a garage in Birmingham in non-existant. I applied to the clowncil years ago as did my Mum and a friend on my behalf, non of us ever received anything back from the council.

I've still got my garage in Telford and yard in Bewdley but am still looking for long term covered storage somewhere around West Mids, Worcestershire or Shropshire. Not gonna be easy.

Have you got space in front of the garage? Not looking to fill it, just wondering.

LS  The driveway in front of the garage is usually filled with friend's significant other's Fiat 500, which has been a unreliable ball ache of a car.

The previous Ka was much better, till it went crusty.

The Renault has failed the MoT big time on emissions as well as a short list of other minor issues, I'm letting the garage run through the list and see if a lamda sensor change will get me an MoT.

With a good few tenners spent, the Renault then made it through the MOT.

New boots, rear pads and a couple of bulbs. The sort of thing that if I was sensible and had MoT'd it in the summer then I would have sorted over a few lazy evenings, but now the rain and damp has appeared, not so much.

I really should get a new post cat lambda sensor or new cat for next year as the emissions results were not good.

What I always do on Renaults is disconnect the alarm siren. On the Laguna II and Megane II, its a connector that lives behind the n/s back seats. If you do it when its unlocked, it disables it without a moan.

Back when I had no sense we had a new Audi Cabriolet that kept triggering the alarm. The twatty Audi dealer fixed* it under warranty by disconnecting the alarm siren. So it just sat there for hours flashing its lights until the battery went flat. Next report of a problem with the alarm was reported back as NFF.

New member of the stable fills* it's stall

attachicon.gifWizzkid 1.jpg

Thanks to James for the chance to purchase this and also for helping out when the garage door fell off it's frame.

Tomorrow afternoon will be 'fix the door' afternoon.

Ah! I remeber this from a few years ago when we a 'driveway fixit' day, sometime in 2013? :lol:

That would look so good with your Datsun 260Z, like 'little and large'!