Talbot Express Autosleeper camper £2200

spartacus

I've bought a new camper, collection thread up soon, as a result I need to sell my faithful old Talbot.

It's a proper old school driving experience, no power steering, low powered but smooth and basic 2.0 petrol engine etc etc.

It's a four berth, the two traveling seats in the back turn into either two single beds, one small double, or a huge double.

It has a working two burner hob, oven and grill, three way fridge, (fnarr fnarr), gas heater, gas or electric water heater, a sink and a toilet. The flush mechanism doesn't work on the toilet, I just give it a swill down with the shower!

Full MOT, passed first time yesterday. It's had welding in the past and some of the arches will need attention in the future, panels are available.

To save writing an even more mammoth post I'll chuck a couple of pics up, if there's any interest then I'll post other pics up accordingly.

I'm in Chesterfield. It'll be on eBay as of tonight, it's got to go, both this and my new camper are on my folks drive, I'm sure most of you know how that works!

It would have been almost top spec when new, although that says a lot about how much has changed, no air-con, electric windows or power steering! It has almost every option available as a camper though.

New discs, pads and brake load valve in the last three years, new battery and the usual shitter type fettling, as well as routine servicing.

Sorry Cobblers, my post crossed yours.

Yes, I went to France in it in April, 500 miles there in one night, we only stopped for the Chunnel and fuel. There really isn't much to go wrong. It's had recent plugs, ignition amplifier, distributor cap and rotor arm. The carbs on these are sometimes known to wear prematurely but this one is fine, it tunes up well with old style equipment like a timing light and vacuum gauge!

I just decide I want to go somewhere, get in and go.

Yep, yours was the only good diesel engine I think, the Fiat 1.9 one? The 2.0 and 2.5 diesels aren't very highly regarded on the Talbot owners forum.

Anyhoo, sold to Mr Cobblers. A completely smooth and painless transaction. I think he's got a bargain, (I would think that), but there's no eBay fees or messing with time wasters so I'm happy.