What else you gonna do on a Saturday?

2MB

It's been too long since my last collection mission, and the familiar feeling has returned. First part of the journey was a taxi ride. No pictures but it was some some sort of Hyundai driven by my future MIL. On the first train now. This isn't it. post-17931-0-35971300-1495884913_thumb.jpg

But this is. Train shite, I approve

post-17931-0-61237400-1495884999_thumb.jpg

Heading south out of the people's republic of West Yorkshire.

You absolute Legend.

?

p.s. take photos landscape on your phone for correct upload orientation

Think I've cracked it, landscape & upside down, all other ways result in fuck ups.

Not an Isuzu Trooper (if it was a guess)

10 points to eddyramrod. Minus 50 points to Santander, who blocked my attempt the pay the seller for security reasons, in spite of me setting up a payment before hand to prevent this. I passed security and they took the payment, but it may not arrive in his account until the end of the next working day... Tuesday! So I'm 250 miles from home waiting to see if the money has gone in and trying not to think about how much of a CUNT it's going to be trying to get back on public transport overnight when I give up hope

Having fallen foul of this when buying cars even after doing a test payment of 1p into the sellers account a couple of days beforehand I always pay cash now, I had to go back and collect my Octavia even though the money had left my account, fortunately for me it was only 8 miles away, 250 miles is a 'mare.

10 points to eddyramrod. Minus 50 points to Santander, who blocked my attempt the pay the seller for security reasons, in spite of me setting up a payment before hand to prevent this. I passed security and they took the payment, but it may not arrive in his account until the end of the next working day... Tuesday! So I'm 250 miles from home waiting to see if the money has gone in and trying not to think about how much of a CUNT it's going to be trying to get back on public transport overnight when I give up hope

Fuckedy fucksticks. + Santander bought Abbey National who right royally fucked me over in the early 1990s. I hope every night since then and before I sleep that they are showered with rancid skunk shit.

Arses on the transfer.

Part of the S4 purchase was done by transfer. I was prepared to come back and get it as it was only half an hour from home, the cash was in his (RBS) account from my (Bank of Scotland) one before Esure answered the phone to change the insurance over...

Home now, no thanks to the bank. Ended up sending the seller a bond of £100 by PayPal as a kind of shared risk, as in I've paid the asking plus a grand but he's letting his van go without being paid, and will refund the money when the payment clears. Same bank, same account didn't hesitate when I sent a much larger amount on similar circumstances, and I set up the payee beforehand to ensure it went smoothly, but no such luck. Such is life. The van is a beauty. Not to everyone's taste but I love it.

post-17931-0-85918000-1495926684_thumb.jpg

Having fallen foul of this when buying cars even after doing a test payment of 1p into the sellers account a couple of days beforehand I always pay cash now, I had to go back and collect my Octavia even though the money had left my account, fortunately for me it was only 8 miles away, 250 miles is a 'mare.

That approach is more likely to flag fraud systems - it is very common for criminals to do small "test" payments before emptying compromised bank accounts

We had a mortgage with Satan Dan Dare arranged through a broker.

When we got married we went into the local branch to change the Mrs name.

It was full of people complaining.

They wouldn't accept the form we had.

That they gave us.

When we returned with even more evidence, it was full of people complaining.

That form still wasn't good enough.

As soon as the deal period ended we got a new deal elsewhere and will never darken their door again.

They have swallowed up so many other BSs they seem to run all the different policies concurrently.