Today is Saturday, we acquire shite

Sloth in a bowl

That'll be the Cosplay nerds heading to the Excel for Comic Con. I went a couple of years ago and needed surgery to get my jaw to close back up again.

Nice looking Megane by the way! Always liked these and hope the wiper issue is something minor!

Just got home from a 10 hour round trip, given that my previous high distance for picking up a car has been from Birmingham to Sutton Coldfield, I have just broken that record by a few hundred miles.

Wiper issue must just be a loose connection somewhere as it worked intermittently.

Engine I think is freeing up, pickup at motorway speed seemed better at the end of the journey than the beginning.

Average mpg on way back was 38 according to car computer.

I need to check all the mounts, there is a quite a bit more transmission slack in this than I am used to in anything else.

Now for the picture download (sorry, no cosplay girls included)

Birmingham bus

post-17488-0-26150200-1495902168_thumb.jpg

Norwich train with pusher loco

post-17488-0-57309300-1495902172_thumb.jpg

Inside Norwich train, comfort seats

post-17488-0-47111000-1495902175_thumb.jpg

Petrol station shot, petrol just loaded, tyre pressures about to be checked

post-17488-0-71058800-1495902178_thumb.jpg

I've always found mk1 Meganes to be tough; nice to drive too

Prefer the pre facelift on saying that

Well wear that man etc.

I'm tempted to find a pre-facelift bonnet as they look much nicer.

However if your looking for a 2 litre, you can't be too picky, there are very few about.

1.4 16v is a far nicer engine than the 1.6 that went before; a lot more economical too

I reckon most of the 2 litres seem to have been engine raped

Leather or halfsies?

Halfsies, end of production all the toys Fidji spec with the 2.0 direct Injection WCPGW engine.

101,000 miles and lots of service history to go through.

If you need bits then Slartibartfast has a 2.0 IDE engined cabrio breaker. The engine doesn't run but it has the full compliment of bits, including a wiper motor and standard exhaust. Its also got a (from memory) decent bonnet in JRG.

If you need bits then Slartibartfast has a 2.0 IDE engined cabrio breaker. The engine doesn't run but it has the full compliment of bits, including a wiper motor and standard exhaust. Its also got a (from memory) decent bonnet in JRG.

Where Mrs95's horsey is. There's a abandoned one. Mail me a shopping list and if not too time consuming ill hoof anything off you need

Thanks for the offers, at the moment I will be looking at:

loose connections in the wiper wiring, motors work, just not reliably

engine mounts, (to be investigated) in which case I will probably want new over used.

decent tyres, for which I will get new, steering response is soft and I wonder if this is down to the budget brands on the wheels.

suspension bushes, (always buy new) if decent tyres don't tighten things up.

I don't think that I need any second hand parts at all, currently, this may change.

Over all the car is in surprisingly good nick though a bit softer than I want and my post 2 beers (and a gin) brain is currently thinking that finding a cheap F4Rt engine with 205 or 225hp is a really good* idea.

I'm tempted to find a pre-facelift bonnet as they look much nicer.

However if your looking for a 2 litre, you can't be too picky, there are very few about.

I used to have a yellow 2.0 16v way back then,on an S reg..

Brilliant little car apart from the rear electric window not working

It died when it wiped it's own ecu 1 night

Iirc you will need to change the lights, wings, and bumper to change to a prefacelift bonnet. You must have one of the few good IDE engines to have lasted for over 100k. Good purchase. I would check the rear gearbox mount, as these usually fail.

Sent from my HUAWEI M2-A01W using Tapatalk

I think the IDE engine itself is ok, it's the fuel pump that breaks regularly. The non IDE, non turbo F4R lump in my Espace is very smooth for a 2-litre four, shame it's installed in 1800kg of steel, aluminium and GRP.